Chapter 14

(I'm sorry for the long hiatus. Life hasn't been so great)

I arrived at Will's house and I did not even have to knock on the door before Zack swung it open.

"My lady," he jestured me into the house, "the chariot with the pizza shall be here soon"

I laughed and rolled my eyes, as I walked to the living room with Zack not too far behind me. No sign of Warren. Only Layla and Will were on the couch. I shouldn't care anyways, it's going to be way better without him here. Life should be better without him here...

"Audrina," Layla said as she snapped me out of my thoughts, "heard anything from Warren?"

"Nah, the last time I saw him was at study hall, and that was it." I tried to keep my cool as I sat down next to Zack.

"Yeah that was the last time we saw him too." Will said checking his phone to see if he received any messages from Warren.

"What do you mean? I thought you all had classes with him?" I looked at them all. I don't know why I cared, a couple hours ago I was fine with leaving him dead.

"We do, but he just never showed up to any other class. He's probably in one of his moods." Zack rolled his eyes as he opened a soda that was on the coffee table and handed me one.

The front door opened and both of Will's parents walked in holding the pizzas. "We caught the delivery guy on the way in!" Will's mother explained as she and Mr. Stronghold placed the pizzas down on the coffee table.

Zack wasn't going to wait for anyone as he quickly opened the pizza box and shoved the greasy cheesy pizza in his mouth, getting grease and pizza sauce all over his mouth.

Will, Layla, and I just silently watched as Zack scarfed down that slice in what seemed like less than 5 seconds. Zack finished the slice, licked his fingers clean, and looked up at us, "what?"

"I'll go to the kitchen and grab some napkins," I laughed.

"What? What's wrong?" Zack looked over to Will and Layla as I left for the kitchen.

Will sighed, "nothing Zack, nothing is wrong, now pass the pizza before you finish it all."

I was walking to the kitchen when I heard one of the cabinets slam and Mr. Stronghold's aggravated voice, which made me stop and lean against the wall. I amplified my hearing and listened.

"I know it was her, Josie, it must have been her and maybe even the Warren kid." Mr. Stronghold whispered.

"Steven, just because her parents were villains doesn't automatically mean she is a villain. Will even told me she was hurt by those people that attacked the school." Mrs. Stronghold sighed.

"Something just doesn't feel right about this girl. I was hearing that her and Warren were spotted at that restaurant a while ago. We both know what that restaurant is notorious for." I could tell Mr. Stronghold is becoming agitated. Shit. He is beginning to think that I did this, and he is starting to coax Mrs. Stronghold into thinking the same. I need to do something, and I need to do it fast.
"Maybe her and Warren were conspiring something or-"

"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Stronghold!" I smiled as I walked into the kitchen. This fake smiling thing has become a lot easier.

"Oh! Hello, Audrina! What can we help you with?" Mrs. Stronghold smiled and nudged Mr. Stronghold.

"Well I came in here to get some napkins and maybe a couple of drinks. Is that alright?" I was actually pulling off this smiling thing.

"Yes, honey, that's perfectly fine! They are in the pantry over there," she pointed to the corner of the room.