Ordinary Extraordinary

Melanie

We arrived at the party watching people pour out of there fancy limos and cars in front of the magnificent mansion before me. It looked as if it was a large manor, one that you see in historical movies with its large columns towering above two stories with a beautiful rod iron chandelier hanging from the overhead balcony. Vehicles pulled under it escaping from the light rain that had started to come down. Gold carpet covered the stairs as it flowed up into the gold frame doors wide open to view the white cream marble floor and walls spilling out to a large entry filled with people. 

Cameras' flashed at a consistent pace, snapping each person that stepped out of there cars wearing the fines dress and jewels not feeling overly dressed anymore. Other then the large crown on top of my head that seem to weight down with each move we made getting closer to the paparazzi. Petting Darios head to help calm my nerves as he laid it on my lap looking into my eyes as if he knew what to do. I looked back out the tinted window watching the line get shorter and shorter by the second.

"Relax Melanie. You look like you are going to your death. I'll be with you the entire time. No one is going to hurt you." Lawrence said sternly grasping my hand with a reassuring squeeze while I looked over to him beside me in the limo.

"I'm not worried about that, it's just a lot of people are here and all of them are very important, even the president is here." Watching a man get out of a limo with the presidential seal on the door. Then turned to Lawrence as if that would explain myself.

"Tonight, don't worry about anything. Relax and just be your beautiful self." Lawrence said grasping my chin gingerly pulling my face towards him gently with a small smile, looking into his eyes for comfort.

"Okay." I said reflecting the same expression as the door suddenly opened beside him blinded by the flash of cameras.

"Now hold your head high. You don't want that crown to slide off." He stated with a smirk as I lifted my hand up to pad the cool metal with my fingertips making sure it was secure on top of my head watching his smirk deepen by my reaction as he stood outside the car leaning down.

I watched as he held his hand out gliding my fingers over his palm grasping my small fingers sliding out as he helped me stand. Lights were glittering like stars watching reporters push against each other to get a good picture of us. Dario hopped out standing beside me matching us with his own silk green collar with a large square emerald with diamonds clustered around hanging down proudful on his chest. He stuck to my side following us up the stairs stopping a few times for the camera as Lawrence posed me in front of him with his signature smirk pulling me close to his chest showing off the design on my back. Softly leaning down to my ear as he whispered loud enough for me to hear over the yelling of the reporters trying to get Lawrence to comment on anything.

"Tonight you will be the most beautiful women in the room." He breathed seductively gently kissing my cheek slowly as a million snaps sounded around me betting my blushing face would be all over the magazine tomorrow. His arm snaked over my hip slowly then around to rest his hand at the small of my back. Screams of Luciano sounded out as reporters held out there recorders towards us as he guided us up the stairs to the door with his hand resting possessively at the small of my back sending those shivers up my spine with a current of heat I had anticipated.

Once inside the large entry way I could hear the beautiful sounds of the orchestra and violins resonating in the warm air. People mengaled around the room, admiring many pieces of art statues throughout the foye and up both sides of the curved staircase on either side on the walls with a cat walk viewing down at the large ballroom. Dogs on leashes ambled around with their owners while small petite bogs laid in the arms of ladies. We walked towards a tower of champagne glasses now believing they were a real thing. Grabbing a glass from an a waiting waiters tray wondering if it was okay sense we were not of age to drink but no one seemed to care as I scanned the room catching some stares from groups of people eyeing me up and down uncomfortable.