Kumju sighed, picking up quickly before pulling the phone on her ear.

"Hello?"

"Happy birthday, birthday twin!"

"Wow, I think you popped my ear drum," Kumju said, groaning as she massaged her ear. She dropped her attention to her fingers before the edge of her lips made their way up into a secretive smile.  "Thank you, Baekhyun. Happy birthday to you too, I guess," she replied, adding the last two words so she wouldn't sound too friendly.

"Yes, I am happy," he responded, a joyful chuckle sounding into Kumju's ear.

She could feel his smile from across the telephone line before saying, "for your birthday?"

"For our birthday," he corrected, rolling his eyes as if she could see him. "Do you prefer strawberry or chocolate cupcakes?" he asked her, sounding suspicious.

"I don't like strawberry frosting," she said, a little too loudly so her band members could hear her as well. "But yes, I absolutely love chocolate," she added.

Why? she wanted to add. Yet her mouth stayed put as the sounds of something being ruffled filled up the short silence the pair quickly shared.

"I told you guys she doesn't like strawberry!" Baekhyun whispered, clearly to someone that was with him on the opposite line. "What we have is enough. Just ring the bell," he quickly added, hissing slowly.

"Baekhyun?" Kumju asked him in confusion, knitting her eyebrows together at his words before looking towards Eunji. Eunji stared back at her, a smile playing on her face before raising a finger to her soft, thin lips.

The sounds of a doorbell interrupted them.

"The frosting on the cupcakes is starting to melt so you might want to open the door," he said to to her. "Please." Baekhyun was quick to hang up, leaving Kumju stunned in her spot before she slowly made her way to the door.

Wrapping her slim fingers on the doorknob, Kumju opened the door to find three familair faces.

"Park Kumju; my favorite ETUDE member!" Jongdae exclaimed, smiling towards her way before flickering his fingers in a silent wave. "Happy birthday," he quickly added, moving inside the dorm as he patted her back gently.

"Thank you," she responded, shock still evident on her gleaming face. "Your appearance is just so - so sudden," she told the remaining two, Minseok and Baekhyun.

"No one told you we were coming?" Minseok asked her, glancing past her head to catch a look on her members' faces. "Strange. I'd never leave the chance to spend time with my favorite labelmates."

"I don't think we're your favo—"

"Yes, you are," Minseok interrupted her, nodding his head in reassurance before taking the chocolate cupcakes from Baekhyun and making his way to the kitchen.

Baekhyun stood, hands tucked in his pockets as he kept his eyes on his surroundings. He continued to silently observe the dorm, chewing on his lip before letting out a heartfelt chuckle.

"Happy birthday, Park."

Kumju looked back at him, shivers travelling along her skin at the sound of his soft and gentle voice. A small smile touched the edge of her lips, eyes crackling with sincerity. "And happy birthday to you, Byun," she replied, her enthusiasm growing as she rocked on her heels. "If you are happy, that is."