three

three.

The cafeteria was currently empty, with the exception of two security guards and a few workers. Kumju sat at a table in the far end corner as she stared blankly at her hands.

Kumju had no intention of bringing attention to herself and she didn't let it get to her at first. But after awhile of trying to avoid the stares of the two security guards and the workers, she felt herself shrink in her seat as she ripped her blanket off her head to put under the table.

She let a sigh escape from her lips as she continued to think of the events that took place the past day. Just that day before, she was sitting in the same spot. But the only difference was that she had a smile on her face. A real one, at least.

She knew that her band members would bomber her with questions of what happened. But truth was, she didn't know either. One second, she was happy and laughing along to his mesmerizing voice. But the next, she was left on her own to deal with her own heartbreak.

She'd say she was exaggerating a bit considering they dated for only about a year. But at the end of the day, she still got her heart broken, and to add; over a text. She wouldn't admit it to anyone nor would she show them how hurt she actually was.

Earlier in the dorms, she constantly laughed and smiled when her band members arrived as she tried to hide the fact that she was crying. And she believed for a short time that they didn't think much of it but she knew that they were aching to comfort her and to have her cry on their shoulders.

She appreciated that she had friends like that. And maybe she would tell them what had happened at the appropriate time. But as she sat alone in the table with nothing but her thoughts, she couldn't help but hide her face in shame of her tear stained cheeks.

"Maybe I should have cleaned up before making a run out the dorms," she told herself as she looked back up, her eyes meeting with other pairs for the second time. She tried not to make a scene as she held herself back. After a couple minutes of having her arms crossed over her chest, she heard a plate get banged on the table she was sitting at. She jumped slightly at the sound and noticed the plate to be full of fruit. She was too deep into her thoughts that she didn't hear him approach her.

"Nice pajamas you have there," she heard a voice say. She looked down at her clothes before lifting her eyes to be met with soft brown ones. She tugged her lips backwards as Sehun pushed a chair out to sit across from her. "What's up with your face? Are those tear stains?" He asked, leaning closer to her face to take a closer look. "You look uglier than usual, if possible," he whispered the last part.

Kumju rolled her eyes as she leaned forward to his face and stuffed his mouth with apple. "I don't think that's the way to be talking to your elder—"she lifted two fingers and pushed him back to his seat. "—do I really look that bad, anyways?"

Sehun nodded his head as he swallowed the apple. "Terrible," Sehun smiled as he handed her the mirrored napkin holder to see her reflection. Kumju opened her mouth to make a remark but got interrupted by the sound of the entrance doors opening and closing.

"The cafeteria was empty when I had come here. I guess I'm attracting people," she told him. This time, it was Sehun's turn to roll his eyes. He stretched his legs below the table but got no space to do so. He reached his hand to grab the blanket and brought it out.

"Oh how nice, you brought a blanket to match your pajamas," he snickered.

"And that's a problem because?"

"I just wouldn't consider a 24 year old dragging a Totoro blanket around normal." Kumju looked down at her blanket before kicking him and smiling at him innocently.

"Have I ever mentioned how much I hate maknaes? They seem all cute and innocent but they're just plain evil," she explained. She hugged her blanket as she stuck her tongue out.

Sehun groaned, "someday, you'll be confessing your undying love for me." Kumju let out a laugh as she banged her fist on the table top before choking on a seed. Sehun leaned over to pat her back as she regained her breath back. "I don't know why you're laughi—oh, Baekhyun hyung!" He tore his eyes off of her face as he looked from behind her head. He started to wave frantically with a cheeky grin on his face. "That idiot still thinks I'm in the dorms sleeping," he whispered to Kumju.

Kumju brushed her hair off her face as her fingers ran through it, straightening it out from its tangled mess. "If there was an idiot, it'd be you," she whispered back, winking at him in the process. Kumju pushed her chair in order to get up before patting Sehun's head.

"Kumju seriously, are you okay? You just seem a bit out of it. You seem rather sassy but not as much as the Kumju I know. I mean the Kumju I know wouldn't pat my head and make her exit," he observed. Kumju sighed at his words knowing that it wasn't the first time she's heard them that day.

"I'm fine," she muttered. Sehun raised his eyebrow as she nodded her head. "Really," she added to further prove her statement.

"Alright, just know if you ever need anything I'm a few doors down. Just knock on the dorms door and we could probably go out and make our band members suffer as we laugh at them in the distance," he joked. She bit on her tongue as she nodded again with a smile on her face.

"No matter what you say to me, you're evil."

"We could be evil together," he added. She pulled a few hairs from his head as she started dragging her blanket once again.

"Chow!" She waved without looking back to see his face. As she exited the cafeteria, she couldn't hold her growl inside anymore. "Oh, no matter how much I eat, I'm always hungry," she murmured. Feeling tired, she shrugged and walked into the open elevator. Clicking on the 4th floor, the doors dinged as they started closing.

"Yah, wait up!" She heard someone scream towards her way. She quickly opened the doors before it was too late. She kept her eyes in the entrance as someone made their way into the elevator with a couple of things in hand. "Thanks, I don't know how I would've opened the elevator with my full hands."

After a couple seconds of no sound but the shifting of his feet and the dings of the floors, her stomach started to growl for the second time. Baekhyun let out a small chuckle as the doors opened, indicating they were at the fourth floor. Kumju held her stomach as she made her way out the elevator. "How embarrassing," she told herself, walking into a random direction. She looked up to be met with a vending machine full of drinks. She let go of her stomach, patting her rear pocket to be found with a couple coins.

Baekhyun tried to balance the two packs of fake brand Oreo and two bags full of fake brand tooth paste as he watched Kumju go up to the vending machine. "She better not take the last Coca Cola bottle," he muttered, dropping his belongings on the floor in order to purchase it.

"Hi," he told her, waving in her face cheekily. She mocked his gesture before turning to put in the numbers of the drink. He lifted his hand to block her in order to grab the Coca Cola bottle. "I'm willing to pay for it."

"And I'm willing to fight for it," she laughed sarcastically.

authors note;;

this ending was kind of off but next chapter is what you've all been waiting for. the epic lightsaber battle lmao

nah jk jk. you'll find out soon ((; im laughin i named this chapter fake brand. //the joys of being an author

rewritten ;; december 30th 2015

nehal