nine

nine.

"Does anybody have any questions?"

The dark haired girl heaved a sigh as she looked over the papers that sat on the table before her. Tightening her grip on the pen, she looked at the man before shaking her head in response.

"I have a question," Jea's voice shrilled slightly, taking a look at Junsu. He nodded his head in reassurance as he leaned his back in his chair in comfort. "When will we start filming this variety show?" She slowly asked, rereading the last part of the paper work.

The man looked at the faces of their two managers as he let out a laugh. "We have already started," he replied, shaking his head. The five girls ripped their eyes from his face to look around the familiar meeting room.

"Ah, that's why there were cameras placed around the room when we first came in," Min commented, parting her lips as she tugged her lips back into a toothy smile. She nudged the closest person - who happened to be Suji - as she asked her to join on waving at the cameras. Suji fought the urge to roll her eyes at her elder as she raised her hand to wave.

"So does this mean we can wrap things up here?" Nayeon frustratedly asked the man and his co workers. The man looked down at his watch as he tilted his head in confusion.

"Actually, Etude is scheduled to have a meeting with the band on the opposite team," he started, squinting his eyes as he grabbed his glasses from his suit. "They were actually supposed to arrive a little over ten minutes ago," he nervously laughed, lowering his head in embarrassment.

"It's okay. The girls don't have anything else on their schedule for today so they could wait," Junsu spoke for them, looking at their faces as he shot them a look so that they'd agree with his words. The girls hesitated at first, but they nodded their heads in agreement.

"I thought we were supposed to practice," Eunji whispered to Kumju, a frown appearing on her face.

Kumju shrugged her shoulders, "I'm as confused as you are."

"So, I heard that you guys are having a comeback soon," one of the men said, interrupting the awkward silence that they were in. The girls turned to look at each other as they secretly fought over who should reply to him. And as usual, everyone turned to the leader.

Jea nodded her head immediately, "yes, we are. It's been a while and we think going on a variety show would be the best way for us to comeback on TV as a group." Junsu silently clapped as he threw her two thumbs up. Jea threw two back as she let out a laugh.

"They make me gag," Suji whispered to her three elders. Nayeon seemed to have overheard them as she snickered to show that she agreed with them.

"But they're so cute," Eunji awed, batting her eyelashes playfully. Min raised an eyebrow as she elbowed Eunji gently.

"Typical Eunji," she muttered, rolling her eyes.

As on cue, there were a couple knocks on the door before it opened to reveal nine familiar faces. The leader cleared his throat as they filed into the meeting room.

"Oh, lord," Kumju said below her breath at the sight of Baekhyun's all-to-familiar cheeky smile. He raised a hand to wave at her as she returned the favor in secret. Nayeon groaned once she spotted Baekhyun amongst them.

"That little trouble maker," she angrily scoffed, sinking in her chair as she crossed her hands over her chest. Kumju bit on the insides of her cheek as she was quickly reminded of what happened the previous night.

The night before; 12:37 am

Kumju stood, her head hung low in embarrassment as she listened to the complaints that left her manager's mouth. "You know that you're not supposed to be here,"  Nayeon angrily claimed, shifting her eyes from Kumju's flushed face to Baekhyun's.