eight

eight.

"Pool closed at 9:30 pm," Kumju read aloud to herself, scanning the sign that hung on the door. She reread it before knitting her eyebrows in confusion. "I guess Baekhyun just played me, huh?" She snickered to herself, dropping her hands to the side as she thought about what to do next.

She looked down at her pocket as she quickly fished for her phone. Unlocking it with a sigh, she clicked on Sehun's contact and decided to call him. Biting down on her lip, she waited for him to pick up. After seven rings, Sehun's breath was loud and clear to her ears.

"What could you possibly want at this time?" He tiredly asked, sighing as he finished up his sentence. Kumju took another look at the sign before shaking her head.

"A simple 'hello, Noona. Is there something wrong because you're calling me at this time?' would've sufficed," she told him, rolling her eyes.

Kumju heard Sehun move in his bed as he let out a laugh. "I'll note that for next time," he sarcastically answered, getting a laugh from Kumju in return.

"Is Baekhyun there?" She gently asked him, pulling the phone from her ear to check the time quickly. 11:03 pm.

It had been a solid three hours since she last saw Baekhyun. He was rather calm yet happy when she accepted to meet him at the pool later that night. When she arrived to the dorm, her band members had already arrived and asked her what happened. Kumju took a few moments to think it over before telling them everything. They were quick to say that Baekhyun was being protective over her. Kumju immediately shrugged it off before getting into some comfortable clothes and making her way down to the basement towards the pool.

"He hasn't returned since he left this afternoon," Sehun responded. Kumju darted her eyes from the door to the hallway behind her as she tugged on the doorknob. After testing to see if it opens, Kumju heard Sehun let out a soft yawn. "Why don't you just call him yourself?"

"I don't have his phone number," she slowly revealed. She felt herself blush in embarrassment at the thought. The fact that she had Sehun's phone number and not Baekhyun's made her think as to why she didn't ask for it. At that moment, Sehun let out another yawn. "Sehun," she started, biting down on her lip. "Am I holding you up from your sleeping?" She asked him in worry.

"Well, it is almost midnight and I'm very tired," he drawled. Kumju nodded her head in understanding even though she knew that he couldn't see her.

"Go to sleep, Sehun."

"Yes, mother," he joked. Kumju playfully rolled her eyes before saying her goodbyes and hanging up. She lifted her finger to scratch her head in frustration. She walked towards the door out and stuck her head out to take a peek. At the sight of the empty hallways, she heaved a sigh and made her way back to the pool door.

Hunching herself on the floor, Kumju kept her eyes on her legs as she waited for a couple of minutes. "Why am I even waiting for him?" She muttered to herself, groaning as she shook her head and messed up her hair as hee fingers ran through it. She continued to stare as she lost focus. She felt her eyes close slowly as time passed by. After a while, she opened them and sighed before getting up from her seat and turning towards the pool door. "Should I stay or should I go?" She asked herself, kicking her feet as she fought for the answer.

Baekhyun stopped in his tracks as he heard Kumju's voice from a couple feet away. He grinned, taking a few more steps towards her way into the basement. The sounds of her talking to herself made a laugh slip from his mouth as he tightened his grip on the plastic bag in his hands. Shaking his head gently, he made his way over to her.