ten

ten.

"It's a red light!" Baekhyun exclaimed, raising his finger to point out the window. Kumju shut her mouth, eyes widening as she pulled the emergency brake. Sighing, Baekhyun leaned in his seat with a smirk plastered on his face. "I told you to stop complaining and pay attention," he told her, looking out the window as he kept his focus on the buildings near by.

"Baekhyun," she called his name softly, tightening her grip on the brake as she took a moment to breathe out. "Why the hell did you convince me to drive?" She asked him, shaking her head as she kept her eyes on the street light.

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders, "I don't have my drivers license." He lowered his voice as he finished up his sentence, face flushing in embarrassment.

"You're a grown ass man," she scoffed, the light changing to green as she started to drive again. "You should've gotten your drivers license a long time ago," she sternly stated.

"All oppa can do is drive bikes. Vroom vroom," he chuckled, holding his hands in the air as he pretended to drive a bike. Kumju took a second to turn to look at him before rolling her eyes.

"You're quite funny," she bluntly stated. Without her knowing it, she had a small smile creeping up on her face. She tried her best to keep her focus outside as she let Baekhyun do most of the talking. "You never told me where we're eating," she reminded him, raising one of her eyebrows in curiosity.

"Oh, that," he nervously laughed. "I gave you the address, right? You'll see once we get there," he assured her, leaning to pat her head. Kumju widened her eyes at his touch as she looked at him through the mirror.

"Okay," she breathed out, immediately biting down on her lip as she fought the urge to push his hand away from her. He continued to smile as he stuck his head out the window. Kumju saw him in the corner of her eyes as she let out a laugh. "What are you doing?" She asked him in the midst of her laughing at him.

"What does it look like I'm doing?"

Kumju didn't reply to his question, keeping her mouth shut in a thin line as she listened to Baekhyun talking a couple inches away from her. He let out a couple of thoughts here and there, trying to grab the attention of the dark haired girl. But he stopped doing so when he turned to take a peek at her face. She had her eyes focused on the road, face kept blank as she ignored him. He had suddenly shut his mouth as he kept his eyes on her as he moved in his seat. Once he was comfortable, he started to hum a song.

"You can turn on the radio if you want," she softly spoke, breaking the silence that they were engulfed in.

Baekhyun dropped his gaze from her side profile to her fingers wrapped around the wheel. She was tightening her grip around it, he noticed. "No, it's okay. I like the silence we just shared," he truthfully answered, his head turning to its previous position.

Kumju didn't know what to say, so she kept quiet as the minutes passed by. Baekhyun hadn't spoke a word after their conversation as he kept his focus outside of his side of the car. He let out a sigh once in a while, which Kumju only shrugged off. But she knew something was threatening to spill from his mouth.

"So," Kumju interrupted, clearing her throat as she came to a stop. Baekhyun raised his head and looked out at their parked space. The lights of the unfamiliar shop flickered from afar as he stared at it. "How about some ice cream?"

"I can't believe you actually convinced me to buy you ice cream," Baekhyun complained, sitting in his seat with two cups in hand. Kumju stared at her cup in awe, reaching out her slim fingers to grab her share. Baekhyun couldn't help but start at her in shock as she ate a spoonful of cookie dough ice cream. Gulping, he switched his attention down to his cup as he stared at his plain vanilla flavor. "Remind me again why we're eating dessert before the actual dinner," he blurted, his words laced with confusion.