one

one.

The ice cream melted against her tongue as she didn't take her eyes off her television. Just that morning, she had taken it from Suji's room and put it on her dresser.

She sat on her bed with her blanket draped on her head, only revealing her face. As the doors of the dorms were heard to open and close, fragile footsteps followed right after. At the sounds of her door knob getting twisted, she reached out for another scoop of ice cream and snuggled deeper into the rims of her blanket.

"Kumju, open the door," a voice rang out. Kumju sniffed a tear up as she ignored the sounds behind the door.

"It's locked," another whispered to the others. Kumju knew that the right thing for her to do was open the door for her band members. But, she wasn't in the mood to get up. She had told them that she was staying in that day. At first, they had opposed but left anyways.

"Haven't you noticed I'm busy?" She screamed back, ice cream still in her mouth. She swallowed it and tugged on the ends of her shirt as she wiped her dirty mouth.

"Busy doing what? Hiding away from everyone?" Suji, the maknae of the band, groaned as frustration was clear in her voice. Kumju lifted her lips to blow her hair out of her face as she glanced around her room.

"No – actually, yes – but I'm busy crying in heartbreak," she replied. Her room currently was a mess. Boxes of ice cream were scattered on the floor and the microwave that the band shared sat on the window. Two bags of ramen noodles lay on her bed as she had been too lazy to throw them in the trash. "Oh my, I wonder how much I gained today," she muttered in curiosity, hand rubbing her stomach.

"Is this about Chen stealing your food again?" Jea, the leader, asked softly. Kumju rolled her eyes in response and tried to block the tear that threatened to fall from her eyes.

"Yah, this is a serious matter. Since we are on the topic of food; what's for dinner?" She felt herself wipe her tears as she forgot about the topic of herself gaining weight.

"I'll serve you for dinner if you don't open the door," Suji threatened in response. Kumju raised her eyebrows at the sudden outburst and threw a pillow to the door.

"Good luck opening the door, then. I was about to open it but you just had to be rude to me. Which, let me remind you, is very disrespectful since I'm older than you by nearly four years," she declared. She got up from her seat and hunched herself to the corner next to the entry way. She suddenly let out a loud laugh as response to the television.

"Ew, that was an ugly laugh," Min, the rapper, commented. Kumju sucked on her teeth as she banged on the door and scooped another spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

After some shuffling, the door opened and four unhappy faces were revealed. "You're blocking the view." They widened their eyes at the sight of her and her room before each throwing a pillow her way. "Hey, I'm already in much pain as I am. How did you get in, anyways?" she reported, pushing her tub of ice cream out of the way and lifting her hands in defense.

"Keys," Eunji, their main dancer, responded, jiggling them in order for Kumju to see them. She held her blanket captive and started making her way over to the bed once again.

"Out of all the days you could have asked for a day off, you chose today to stay in and have reruns of Hello Counselor as you mope around all day?" Kumju nodded in response as she looked at all of them. They looked pissed and she couldn't blame them. But, she had her reasons.

"It's just that my life is a mess and I like laughing at other peoples messy lives."

"Wait, is that my TV?" Suji gasped, pointing at it. Kumju shrugged, opening her mouth before closing it as she had no good response.

"Kumju, you look out of it. You just look horrible and the place is a mess. What's wrong with you?" Jea sat herself down next to Kumju and stared at her, in a way that showed that she cared. Kumju shook her head and dropped her eyes to her ripped socks. She lifted her hand to touch the hole in her sock before sighing and letting a few tears slip.

"Haven't you heard? I thought it would be all over the internet now," she told them. Everyone made their way over to the bed and formed a circle around her.

"Actually, we were in the practice room. Practicing our asses off as you lay in bed, doing absolutely nothing. And so to answer your question; no, we haven't checked the internet," Suji complained. Eunji smacked the maknae in the head and ordered her to be quite.

"That piece of shitballs broke up with me. But, I don't want to talk about it. Don't give me your apologetic speeches and whatnot. I'd rather eat ice cream and cry my heart out." Silence over took them as they stared at each other. Their eyes made their way over to the floor and all the garbage.

"You need some fresh air." Min reached out and took off the blanket off Kumju's head. Kumju whined and gestured for her to give it back. Min shook her head and pointed at the door.

"I thought you guys would have noticed that I was avoiding going out of the dorms," she stated, annoyance in her voice.

"Just go for a while as we clean out your room. If you argue with me I'll make you go on a diet," Jea warned. Kumju widened her eyes and waved her hands at them.

"You had me at diet. Food is too precious to give up," she muttered the last part to herself. The girls shooed her away as they pushed her out the room and out the dorms. "I wonder what I'm going to do now." She felt her feet moving as they took her around the hallways.

She took a few steps backwards before knocking on the door. The door opened and she smiled innocently. "Can I atleast take my blanket with me?"

authors note;;
(new readers pls ignore)

i have decided to re write this so i hope you guys like this version better. i just felt like the last version was very random and it was going no where. i started this as a joke but many people started to read it and i'm gaining hundreds of reads each day and i want to thank you.

as for kumju, i'm debating if the face claim should be hani or chorong. it's in between but let your mind wander and imagine her the way you want.

and important note;; just imagine all sm artists have dorms in the same buildings idk. cause that would make the storyline more realistic. i admit this isn't my best work but i just wanted to be quick and give you guys this chapter.

sorry if it was boring and short, next chapters will be better hopefully.

- nehal

ps. can you guys comment so i can see if you guys can see the new, rewritten version?

rewritten;; december 8th 2015