Chapter 7: Founders Party

Start from the beginning

Bonnie and I gasped. That definitely didn't seem like Stefan. I find it hard to believe that he would do such a thing. Then again...You can never really know someone. Maybe I misjudged Damon? I don't know. Just thinking about it makes my head hurt.

"Caroline... If Stefan really did this wouldn't you want to tell Elena. If he's really this ruthless Elena should know! She could get hurt!"  I whisper shouted to her, not wanting to attract attention.

"You can't!" Caroline's eyes widened and she shook her head like crazy.

"Okay..okay. I won't." I reassured her trying to calm her down. What was her deal? You would think she'd want to protect Elena, her best friend.

Bonnie, Caroline and I continued to chit chat about school and soon I had to go and look for a dress for the founders party.

I found a good dress at the second store I went into. It was a tight black dress with a lace pattern on the sleeves and the hem of the dress.

           ⋆

As it got closer to having to leave to the founders party I threw on my dress, put on black heels, and put on some silvery eyeshadow on my eyelids then paired it with a natural pink toned lip color.

Once I was done I headed over to Elena's house. When I got there I found Bonnie painting her nails, telling Elena what Caroline told Bonnie and I earlier.

When Bonnie finished telling Elena it went silent. Elena looked annoyed and finally  said, "That sounds like one person's side of the story, meaning Damon's."

"We just wanted you to know." Bonnie said honestly, bringing me into the conversation.

"Anyway, his past relationships are none of my business." Elena spoke firmly.

"Unless he's a calculating, manipulative liar. That is your business," I spoke up seriously.

Elena turned her attention to me and scowled,"Stefan is none of those things."

"Yeah? How do you know?" Bonnie said making a valid point before continuing to paint her nails.

As we continued to get dolled up, Elena received a phone call and immediately stormed out of the room with no excuse. Bonnie and I took that as an excuse to head over to the party when we looked at the time and saw that it was going to start soon. We sent her text explaining where we went.

When Bonnie and I got to the founders party we saw that Mayor Lockwood, Mrs. Lockwood, and Tyler were greeting guests as they entered the Lockwood mansion. It was quite a lavish party.

While we were hanging out I snuck a drink from the bar and quickly downed it. As I turned around I immediately saw Damon with Caroline. Bonnie and I looked at each other nervously as Caroline parted from Damon.

"I think I need another drink." I spoke grumbling before heading back and grabbing one.

"Aren't you too young for drinks. You wouldn't want to get in trouble," A voice remarked and I turned around to find it was Damon. Of course it was him.

"Fine." I sighed and moved away from the bar.

"Good," He replied. He was clearly happy with my response because he smiled as he grabbed a drink.

"By the way, what almost happened between us last night will never happen because you're dating one of my best friends," I spoke firmly and I looked him in the eyes.

He stared at me, the grin from earlier was still on his face. It infuriated me because it seemed like he wasn't even listening to me.

I further added, "I don't know what your goal is but it's messed up to toy with someone's heart. You better treat Caroline with respect." After I finished speaking I walked away from him. I glanced back and noticed that he was frowning now. I guess he finally listened.