11

" Stay there" He said as he climbed out of the truck and ran to my side. I sat there and waited for him. He opened my door and grabbed me by the waist and lifting  me out of the truck and placing me on the ground. I looked up at Dex. " You know I could have gotten out on my own." I said as I placed my purse on my shoulder. " I know, but I wanted to be a gentlemen and help you out. " He said smiling at me as he intertwined our hands together. I smiled up at him knowing I  was the only one to see this side of him.

We walked into the diner and waited to be seated. " A table for two." A girl about my age maybe older asked. "Yes please" Dex spoke making the girl look at him. " Table or booth." the girl ask her voice shaking slightly. " Booth." I spoke before Dex could.

"Right this way." she said as she grabbed two menus and some silverware. she lead us to a booth placing our menus and silverware down. " Your waitress will be right with you." The girl spoke softly. " Thank you." Dex said to the girl make her blush. I see I'm not the only one affected. The girl walked away from our table. we grabbed our menus and started to look through it to see what we wanted.

"Do you know what you want , babe" he asked still looking at his menu. My heart fluttered when he called me babe. "Um no. what about you." I asked. He was about to speak when our waitress came to our table. " Welcome to Andy's diner. I'm Amber and I'll be your Waitress. What can I get you like to drink." She asked. " I'll take a Dr. Pepper." Dex spoke first. Amber smiled at Dex her eyes clouding slightly. I held back a growl threatening to come out. " And for you." She turned to me her smile fading. "A coke please" I replied. "I'll be back with your drinks." she said as she smiled at my mate then left to get our drinks. I smelt her scent she's human, just great.

There are only a hand full of humans who know about us and those are the ones that are mated to werewolves or the ones the we call hunters. Those are the ones that hunt our species. I glared at the girl from where I sat.

"Babe you okay." I heard Dex ask. I looked over to him. "I'm fine, why?" I said as I pushed my jealousy away looking back down at my menu then back at her. "By the way your looking and shooting daggers at our waitress I'd say you jealous." I look at to see he was smirking. I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm not jealous." I told him " I think you are babe." He smiled knowing he was right. " Why would I be jealous of a human." I said.

" If you say so baby. so you know what you want to order." he asked changing the subject. "Yeah." I replied. Thinking back to what I was thinking before.

I wouldn't admit it to him but I was jealous of her. she was a beautiful while I was not. I started to feel all my insecurities come to the surface. " She wont be beautiful once we get done with her." My wolf growled. I agreed with her cutting off our connection.

Amber arrived with our drinks. " Here is your drinks." amber said as she place our drinks in front of us.

" Are ya'll read to order or do ya'll need a minute." she asked as she looked at my mate like he was a piece of meat to be devoured. A low growl passed through my lips. Amber and Dex looked at me. " Sorry I had something in my throat." I said as I grabbed my drink and taking a sip. " Yeah I am. Babe are you ready ." Dex asked me. I shook my head at him. " can you give us a couple of minutes." he said to her. " sure thing babe." she said trying to sound seductive. I tried to keep my calm but my wolf was ready to attack. I was barley hanging by a thread but the thread broke when she place her hand on my mate.