1

"XENA GET UP!!" I hear the voice of my best friend yelling as she comes into my room. I groan rolling over putting a pillow over my head drowning out her voice. "Xena Elizabeth Wilson if you don't get up and get ready I'll drag you out of that bed myself. Its your birthday. You will be able to find your mate today.!!!" Ophilea squeals excitedly.

" Okay I'm getting up just stop squealing your hurting my ears." I tell her as I get out of bed and head to my bathroom.

After taking my shower. I wrapped a towel around my body and my hair. I brushed my teeth. I blow dry and straighten my hair I walked out of my bathroom and into my closet. I put on a black lace bra with matching panties. I put on a plain black v-neck shirt and Jean shorts a long with my black and white converse. I walk to my full length mirror and check out my outfit. I grabbed my bag and walked out my room. I walked in to the kitchen to have everyone yell at me. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY XENA." They all yell.
" Thanks guys" I say to them. I see my mom and dad along with my older brother Ryan and his mate Kelly and my twin brother Xephren. "My babies are 18. Y'all are gonna find y'alls mates today." My mom says as she grabs me into a tight hug. " so how does it feel to be 18 little sister" xephren say. " Ren you are only five minutes older than me." " true but still your my little sister" he replies. I laugh at him. " happy birthday twin brother" I tell him.

" okay xena we got to go before we are late" Ophelia says as she grabs her stuff and and arm and starts dragging me to her car.

" so are excited about finding your mate" Ophelia asks me. "I am." I reply with a small smile.

"What if he rejects me. What if he thinks I'm not good enough for him." I whisper to her. With her werewolf hearing she heard me. "What are you talking about. He will love you" she replied. " but what if he is already mated to someone else" I say lowly. Just the thought of my mate with someone breaks my heart. Nina my wolf whines wanting her mate.

" Xena he won't reject you. If he does he has your dad and your brothers to deal with plus me." She says. We start laughing. We finally arrive at school. " I hate school" I groan as I climb out of the car. " we only have like a couple more months left before we graduate" Ophelia replied as we walked through the door of the schools.

I walked up to my locker putting my school books into it. I grabbed my books I need for my morning classes putting them in my bag. I felt someone tap on my shoulder as I was closing my locker. I turned around to find a petite looking girl around my age with waist length raven black hair, smokey grey eyes looking at me with a smile.

"Hi I'm Rhea Covello. I'm the new girl here." The girl stuck out her hand for me to shake. "I'm Xena Wilson. Nice to meet you." I replied. "So what grade are you in." "I'm in twelfth grade" she answered. "Do you think you can show me around. If you don't mind" she asked.

"Sure let me see your schedule" she handed me her schedule. I looked over it seeing that we had almost every class together except for math.

"We have all the same classes except for math. You have Mr. Earl. He is really nice and barely give out home work. As for me I have Mrs. Martine. She is young but really mean to and gives out a lot of homework." I tell her as we head to our first hour.

Morning time flew by quick as the bell rang for lunch. I head to the cafeteria grabbing my lunch, I find a seat at a table my friends are sitting at.

"Hey guys" I say as I sit down. I get a chorus of greetings from my friends. I look around the cafeteria seeing Rhea coming toward my table.

"Hey Rhea come sit down" I hear Ophelia say. Rhea comes and sits down beside me. "Hi I'm Rhea" she introduces herself to my friends. They give her greeting and then introduces themselves to her.

"So Rhea tell us how do like Wolf Dane high School" I asked her. "It's a really nice school. I've made a few friends. I was home schooled so its different here then it is at home."

"So what is like being homeschooled" Johnny asked her.

" well its boring. No one to hang out with and talked to. All I had was my home school teacher." She replied. Every one asked her questions with her answering ever question. Soon the bell rang telling lunch is over.

I walked to the class  I dreaded the  most. Math class with Mrs. Martine. Ugh I hate this class and the teacher. I walk to the back of the class dropping into my desk seat with a grunt.

"Hey Xena" I turn my head to see who was talking to me only to see my friend Drew. "Hey Drew" I say as I grab my notebook and pencil out of my bag. "So how was your spring break" he asks me. The bell rang signaling it was time for class. I was about to reply when the teacher I hate walked in. " OK class get out your notebooks and pencils and let's get started." Mrs. Martine said. Mrs. Martine is young teacher in her mid to late twenties with shoulder length bleach blond hair and clothes too tight for  her. Ew gross. "It was good. What about yours?" I asked him. Drew is a cute guy with shaggy blond hair and blue eyes. He's the beta to the Midnight Water Pack.

" I'm having this party Saturday and I was going to  see if you wanted to come." He asked me. "I don't know. I can see if I can co-" I was cut off by a squeaky annoying voice. "Ms. Wilson is there something you want to share with the class"

"Yeah I would actually. You should stop shopping in the children's department." I say sarcastically. The whole class erupts in to laughter. Her face got so red with anger you could see smoke coming our her ears. "Go to the principal's office. NOW!!" she yelled out. "No problem" I say as I grab my stuff and head to the office.

I enter the office to be greeted by the secretary. "Xena what did you do this time" Mrs. Betty asked. "I made a joke about Mrs. Martine shopping in children's department" I say shrugging my shoulders. She laughs and tells me to take a seat. I did.  as I'm told and sit in a chair by the window. I take a deep breath as I lean back on my chair. I catch a mouth watering scent that smells of the forest and chocolate. I sniff the air smell the mouth watering scent. "Do you smell that?" I asked Mrs. Betty " smell what sweetheart. I don't smell anything" she replied sniffing the air. "It smells amazing. It smells like the forest and chocolate mixed together" I say to her. " I dont know what your smelling darling but the new principle what's to see you now." I grab my stuff and and walk to the principles office.

The closer I got to the door the more the scent got stronger. I knocked on the door. "Come in" I hear a deep voice say as shivers run down my body. I opened the door to have the scent hit me full on. When I walked in the mans head snaps up quickly. Our eyes connect and my whole world stops as I stare at a very sexy man with dark midnight black hair that's combed back with a little curl at the ends. He had deep forest green eyes and pink plump lips I could kiss. Whoa girl calm down. My wolf was going crazy but the one word he said had me running

"Mate"