Chapter 17 - Wait for him

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you answer?" He hastily replied.

"I don't know if I'd want to marry my boyfriend" I said truthfully. "It's an important decision- you know, marriage. I've only been his boyfriend for a year" (A/N there was a time skip during the John and Martha but btw I think I forgot to put it in)

"You promise to let me know if you ever do marry him?"

"I promise"

After an hour of playing Mario kart and me letting Philip win, I said goodbye to Philip, he reminded me too much of Alex to stay with.

"Kid I got to go but it was nice taking with you. I'll see you later" I ruffled his hair and used the strength I had left in my shaking bones to sit up from the chair and walk back to the gloomy waiting room.

"I have news on Mr Hamilton but does he have any relatives, here?" A doctor walked out and looked around the silent waiting room.

"Just friends" Angelica managed to say, I could hear the struggle in her voice and how it was delicate and fragile, ready to snap in half like a twig.

"After the MRI he started to lose blood again and the doctors are trying to stop it but if they can't then he'll faint, which could set back the surgery which will luckily only last a day or two"

"Thanks" I mumbled, just loud enough for the doctor to hear.

-

Every day until Alex got out I would go to the childcare and play video games with Philip. A nurse told me that his father died when he was three and his mother was undergoing serious surgery after a truck crashed into her while she was driving. She told me his mother would most likely not survive and he'd have to be sent to live at an orphanage and be treated medically until the age of thirteen to help him deal with trauma and stuff he might experience. I don't think she was allowed to tell me all that but she looked so full of empathy and worry every time she looked at Philip, that I didn't stop her.

-
Laf drove us all back to the college while Eliza tried to cheer everyone up, including herself.

I was greeted by Maria who instantly embraced me in a hug, which I didn't respond to and only wriggled out of her grip.

"I'm so sorry, it's all my fault-"

"I know" I replied and walked away, slamming my dorm door behind me. I felt bad for doing that. It wasn't her fault, was it,?

Maria's POV

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" I screamed at Thomas. He looked frightened half to death as I slammed his door open with fury, leaving a deep dent in the wall. It was the day after Alex got shot and we all just got back from an assembly held about it.

"I didn't do anything, I swear! I would never kill him!" Thomas stuttered. "This is all my fault, what've I done!?" He buried his face in his hands and started to sob.

"Why are you crying!? You're the one who made Alex's life harder!"

"Yes Maria! I realise but I didn't shoot Alex! I didn't tell anyone to shoot him either!" Thomas cried, sitting on his bed.

"Then who the hell did it!?"

-

Samuel's POV

"YOU SHOT HIM!" I screeched.

"I WASN'T TRYING TO!" Charles yelled back, panicked.

"WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO SHOOT!?"

"JOHN"

"THAT'S NO BETTER" I screamed. "Why were you trying to shoot him?"

"He beat me up, plus he's a dick" Charles messily fumbled with the gun as he smoked weed from a pipe.

"Are you... stoned?" I watched him smoke the drugs and stare at me. "Oh my god you're stoned, Jesus Christ"

"No I'm not, he placed it down and swallowed down some vodka" I watched with disgust and pulled it away from him.

"Hey dude-" I threw it on the floor, nlt sure of what else to do.

"You shot a guy while drinking underage and doing drugs. Oh boy are you in trouble"

"Not if no one tells"

I rolled my eyes. I'd be in trouble too, for knowing.

-

Oops

*slowly walks away*

Soooooo