"I'm telling you he's not gay, its just after our previous leader he tried to clean up our image. You know not be involved in all the free love. Learn to respect one another." Missy's strong words showed how protective of Colin's reputation she was.

"What happen to him, your previous leader?"

"He was sloppy and got killed. He almost destroy this family with his reckless behavior!" Alex spat. I could see no love lost for their old leader.

"Colin came and really turned us around! We owe him everything!" Julie stated dreamily.

"Are you into him, Julie?"

"No way! He is way out of my league! I have my eye on someone more attainable.' Her eyes roamed the room and stopping at a group of guys sitting three tables over.

I guess being an outsider I was not under 'Colin the Savior' influence, but the knowledge that he might be gay stripped me of my appetite. We had all agreed to go to Missy's room after dinner to get ready. It had been a long time since I indulge in a girls night out. It made me missed the times I had with my friends back in New York. But after the death of my parents, I had severed all ties to them. A part of me felt guilty indulging in bonding time I was having with my new friends here. There was something about this place that started to chase some of the darkness away from my heart. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or even if I deserved it. I ignored it, with the thought that this would only last until my car is finished, then I would leave this place and resume my exile from society.

An hour later with clothes piled on the bed, various bottles of lotion, hair sprays, perfumes, and every hair tool known to man littered every surface in Missy's room. We were currently working on hair in pairs of two. Right now me and Natalie were sitting as Missy worked on my hair and Alex fixed Natalie's. This was the last stage in preparation before we set off for the get-together with the other people. I looked in the vanity mirror at the creation I made. I had straighten Missy's naturally curly sandy brown hair with a side swoop bang to draw attention to her beautiful hazel eyes. Missy in return was using a wand on my hair spiraling my long straight tresses.

"Celeste why have you been hiding this hair? It's gorgeous." Missy kept running her finger through my silky strands. No one around here has every seen my hair down. And due to the insistence of the girls they talked me into wearing it all down.

"I know a certain someone who will go crazy when he sees your hair." Alex teased. I knew she was referring to Colin.

"Not happening, He's gay, remember."

"He's not!" Missy screamed and I rolled my eyes muttering 'whatever'.

Natalie laughed, "Don't mind her, she is a skeptic! She will find out for herself."

"Yeah, whatever!" Missy had just finished curling the last strands of my hair and I stood giving my head a little shake. My spirals fanned out around me and then settle, hanging down to the middle of my back. I never felt so exposed and my hands itched to pull my hair back up to its usual bun. I settled on pulling my hair back behind my shoulders but they kept falling forward around my shoulders.

"Sit let me fix it." Missy took a few pieces in the front and twisted them forming a braid that kept my hair from falling forward. It reminded me of a flower child or a hippie chick. At least the twist kept my hair behind my shoulders.

"I'm finished." Alex had put a couple of curls into Natalie's hair giving her short, black bob a fresh new look. She looked adorable.

"I think we are ready ladies, lets go get our man buzz on!" Julie was definitely in flirty mode.

We entered the crowded game room, people talking loudly to be heard over the blaring music. My eyes scanned the room searching for one imposing, tall, sexy figure but came up empty.

"He's not here yet." Alex taunted.

"Who?" I asked innocently.

Alex chuckled, "Right, who? We know who you were looking for. Tall, dark, and commanding, the one and only, Colin Wright!"

"Please I was just checking out the guys." I rolled my eyes not giving away my secret.

"Ummmm Hmmmm." Alex shrugged her shoulders and Natalie tugged at my arm leading us to the bar. She order drinks for us all and handed them out one by one. I was a light weight when it came to drinking, because I really didn't have the time or inclination to get drunk with the girls every weekend in New York. I sipped the red alcoholic beverage and was surprised at its sweet taste. I gulped down the contents wanting more.

"Hey slow down. They may seem harmless and sweet, but the vodka that's hiding in it can kick a punch later on." Natalie warned but order me another one. I heeded her advice only taking small sips of the sweet drink. Julie had already scored her conquest she had scoped out earlier during dinner and they were dancing. I stood next to Natalie and Missy swaying to the music. Three guys came upon on us and two of them asked Natalie and Missy to dance while the third one looked at me nervously. He looked scared to be standing by me. I decided to take the initiative and ask him to dance but he bolted before giving me an answer.

What the hell was that about? I suddenly became more atuned to my surroundings checking out the guys in the room. Every time I made eye contact with one, they quickly dropped their eyes or turned away from me. I had to make sure I wasn't imagining it. I went up to a guy who was dancing by himself and asked him to dance. He was just about to accept when he fully realized who asked and quickly decline and left.

What the hell is wrong with these guys. You'd think I was infected by some contagious disease. I tried asking a couple of more guys but received the same results. I was getting pissed. Not at being rejected but it was obvious that word was out not to dance or associate with me at all. I stormed on the dance floor and dragged Missy and Natalie out of the game room into the hall.

"Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Missy, I am talking about the fact that no guy in there will pay me any attention. Not like I want their attention, but hell I just want a simple dance, but I'm like a pariah!"

Both girls exchanged knowing looks for a few seconds too long. I couldn't take it anymore. "STOP DOING THAT!"

They both stared at me with questionable eyes, "Doing what?"

"Talking with your eyes. Or some crazy eye sign language. I've notice people doing it around here a lot. Just tell me what is going on. And use your mouth!"

"Ummm, well the guys are kinda of afraid of you."

"Why?"

"Its more like who."

"Colin!" Colin did this? But why if he is gay? Ugh! I didn't care why he did it, he had no right!

"Look don't be mad at him.."

I interrupted Missy, "He has no right to dictate to me who I can or cannot talk to. I hate controlling men!"

"Listen, Celeste, you don't understand, he's not like that." Natalie tried to defend.

"Please, he is so like that. I've had my fill of controlling men, and I won't stand for it. Where is he?"

"Probably his office."

"Where?"

"Second floor, three doors down from the library." I stormed off following the directions Natalie gave me. It was time to put Colin in his place.

****** *********

Don't forget to vote/comment!