Chapter 12

We made it half way up Vampire Mountain, but found something disturbing, a dead Vampaneze, not one but two. We would have flitted but such use is unlawful, so we didn't sleep as much. Well at least I didn't I stayed up watching out for us all. I was scared, a princess like me shouldn't be scared, but I was, only because what I fear may become reality, I try not to fear because my powers can bring those fears to life. 

"Larten" I whisper "I'm scared"

He looks at me like he just saw a ghost, confused by my comment he said "Julia, do not fear the known fear the unknown, for we know they are dead, fear what killed them, and why they are here" he walked away and went to sleep, I stayed up to watch over them all.

We take shifts I guard them all during the day, Larten carries me up the mountain at night.

We make it up to the mountain later that night, I stay asleep on Larten's back, the guard let's me Larten, and Gavner through, but gives Darren and the little person trouble, they eventually are permitted to go through. The guards insist on getting me checked but Larten assures them that I am just sleeping.

I wake up in my room, my stuff is put away and I look over and see Arra waiting for me to wake up. I sit up and yawn then do a stretch. 

"Hey you're up, I was waiting to see if you felt hungry" Arra said smiling.

"Arra, is this how you butter me up before we tie on the bars like usual."

"No, that would be unfair, though I never thought of that. It seemed like you have been sleeping less than you used to here. What's troubling you?" She asks concerned.

"Darren, he's nosy, to nosy. I wish his Destiny wasn't so important, I could just.... Ugh, he is an annoying child that needs to mind his own business."'

Arra comes over and hugs me, "Julia, I think you are overreacting"

I growl then look down "maybe you are correct, I guess I am overreacting" I smile then walk away with Arra down to have some food. I have not eaten for a while. Kurda smiles then I look over, I smile then go back to eating. He comes over to me.

"Princess" he bows to me then stands back up "Did you enjoy your trip off the mountain??"

"It was okay, as I told you a long while ago, I hate being off the mountain to many risks"

"This is true but you need not worry for your powers go past all"

"Yea I guess you are correct, I am just not all here right now"

"Julia" The guards come to me "You are requested in the hall"

I follow smiling a bit. I go serious when I enter the hall. "princes, you have requested me" I bow "what do you want me to assist with??"

Mika points to my throne, I understand as I sit on my throne. The walk is harder when you do not know what you are faced with. For now I must face the hardest thing to do. 

Judgement.