Chapter 11

The trip to Vampire Mountain has begun. We started to walk then realized I forgot my necklace and swords and knives. I went to go back but I turn and Mr. Tall was standing there already with all of my stuff even some clothes and other things I needed to return to stay at the mountain.

"Thank you Hibernius, I will try to visit again sometime, hopefully not under harsh circumstances again" I hugged him, little did I know that would be my last hug from him.

We headed out my dagger still in my boot and my abilities now under control with the crystal I put on. I know that all it would take it a bunch of power and I could break the crystal.... Killing everyone around me. I breathe then keep walking focusing on our surroundings,  I am escorting Larten, Darren and two little people to the mountain. Oh yea did I mention, we have two little people, right before we left Desmond Tiny showed up and demanded we take these two with us. We were hesitant at first, well at least Larten and Darren, but I knew that it would be okay to take them. 

The little people hunted for themselves and never bothered us. They never spoke, ever. They never showed their faces. 

We made it half way when we made it to a way station. We rested and Darren went out to get food for us while we waited for nightfall. Larten slept but I stayed up thinking. How have we been so lucky so far, was it because I am here or because Desmond has something bigger planned. My thoughts were soon disrupted by a loud roar. I jolted up and Larten woke to. We couldn't be in the sun so we listened to the roars. I waited by the cave entrance out of the sunlight. The roaring stopped. It was quiet, we got worried because Darren was still out there. 

Darren appeared to be hurt so Larten took care of him while I started cooking. He was with 3 wolves, A mom wolf, a pup and what seemed to be the Alpha. I could only assume the mom was the Omega. They were a great bunch and the pup was lovable. They cuddled right up to Darren as one of the little people remained. The only one alive, the only difference.... He spoke.

"My.... Name.... is Harkat...." The little person said, he spoke weird because he had a mask on that kept oxygen out, oxygen kills them after so much time of breathing it in.

"Harkat, may I ask you something" I said 

"Sure.... Julia.... What is it" 

"How come you can talk" I asked confused.

"Because.... I am to.... Deliver a message to the.... Princes and Princess...."

"Can't you tell us" I asked "I am the Princess who goes to council as opposed to Scarlett"

"If you guys.... Promise not to tell...." He said worried

"We promise" We all said at the same time.

"Okay.... The night of.... The Vampaneze Lord.... Is at hand" He said

To Darren it meant nothing, to me it meant something but I wasn't worried, but Gavner and Larten were terrified, faces paler than usual. I knew Desmond had bigger plans.