Chapter 2

I ran off to the Cirque Du Freak and started helping Mr. Tall prepare for the show. Boy was it hard but he believed me when I told him what is going on with Darren Shan. We started setting up the stage and made this show scarier hoping to scare off Darren and his friend before it was to late.

"Mr. Tall, we need to have Evra's snake under their seats. or Evra could hide as an audience member near them." I said worried

"Julia, all will be okay, you have to let Destiny play the role here in taking care of business"

"He might die if he follows his Destiny"

"Than that is a chance we will have to take, we can't put safety hazards out there if we help it, we can't sacrifice the thing everyone here loves for Destiny to screw up."

"Fine" with that I walked away.

Later that night

"Okay Mr. Tall, everything is in place."

"Good, let's begin"

Everyone started rolling in and I eventually caught glimpse of Darren.

"Do you have a crush on him Julia?" Larten asked.

"Charna's Guts no, I can't explain it now"

"Fine"

We watched the show then it was our turn. Being off the mountain for a bit I get to help since I don't visit often.

We played the act through, I helped spin the web on Larten's mouth and helped Madam Octa do moves. It was great the audience loved it, except for one person, who will change our lives forever. Steve Leonard, Darren's best friend. His gasp was the loudest thing I have heard in the area.

I bowed as did Larten then we hurried off stage.

"Why did he gasp Julia" Larten asked sharply.

"I can not tell you and you know that it would have to play out itself I can only tell you so much" I said upset that he got mad.

"I am sorry Julia, I do not know why I acted that way" He said apologetically 

"It's okay but you will find out in due time why he gasped so loud." I said as I walked away and went to sit up in the balcony area on the railing. Waiting for what was about to come.