I was almost to the door when he said, "Thank you Jessica."

"It was no problem," I said with a shrug and a small smile.

I walked back up to the Gryffindor common room. As soon as I came in I saw the three of them sitting on the couch talking in whispers. I made my way over and sat down next to them.

Hermione was the first to notice me and she asked, "Well what did he want? We were starting to get worried."

I laughed at how accurate Severus' predication was and said, "He just wanted to explain the question I had after class. He obviously couldn't do it in front of the Slytherins but he said that I was skilled at potion making."

Ron said, "He really said that?"

"Yeah. He's not as bad as he seems in class. He just has to act like he loves Slytherins and hates Gryffindors since that is his house."

"Whatever you say," Ron said not believing.

Trying to avoid this topic I said, "So what were you guys talking about?"

Harry held up a letter and said, "I was telling them about Hagrid. He invited us to tea tomorrow after dinner."

I smiled at the thought of the giant and said, "Oh great," saying to the two kids that hadn't met him I said, "He seemed really nice when I met him in Diagon Alley with Harry."

They nodded and Hermione said, "Harry has been telling us about him. He sounds nice."

"He is," Harry promised.

There was silence which Ron filled saying, "So we have Defense Against the Dark Arts next, I heard that all he does is talk about vampires. Apparently he was attacked by vampires in Romania. I heard someone say that he keeps garlic in his turban to ward off the evil vampires."

We all laughed and I said, "I heard that he is a joke too."

Harry said, "Well that's a shame. I was looking forward to that class. Maybe Jessica and Hermione can teach us new spells if he doesn't teach any?"

Ron said, "I'm sure between the two of you, you know a ton of spells."

I looked to Hermione and shrugged, "Sure why not. If we don't learn anything then I wouldn't mind teacher you a few spells."

Hermione said, "Yeah I don't mind either. Maybe we should ask other people if they want to participate too. It could be almost like a club where we share spells we know and teach them to each other."

"Let's see how bad the first class is but once everyone sees how bad it is I'm sure they will be dying to join."

"Great. Do you think we need to get Dumbledore's permission for it?" Hermione asked.

"I think we would if it's a real club and we want to use an empty classroom. If we just plan on it being the four of us that's basically just practicing." I said

"We should ask him if we can. I'm sure he won't object to us using an empty room some nights to have it." Harry said

We were all growing excited. Hermione and I were talking about the spells we wanted to do and Harry and Ron were eager to start the club and get kids to join as soon as possible. We knew it would take a few days to get permission and get kids interested but we were already planning our lessons.

Glancing at my watch I saw, "Oh no. We have 10 minutes until Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good thing it's only about 5 minutes away."

Following me out the door I led them down a staircase and down the hall into the classroom. Professor Quirell was already standing in front of the class but I saw that not everyone was there. I sighed; we weren't late.