Chapter 3: Visiting Vicki

Start from the beginning

"She's fine. Now get out of here," Tyler spat slightly agitated by Jeremy's presence.

"Jeremy, let it go," I placed a hand on his shoulder but Jeremy brushed me off.

Jeremy started to spit out questions at Tyler and I knew this wasn't going to end well. "How bad is she? Do they know what attacked her? Is she going to make a full recovery? Was she happy to see you? What room number was she in?"

"I'm gonna kick your ass," Tyler yelled and Ander laughed. I shot my brother a glare. There is no way I'm going to allow anyone to beat up Elena's little brother.

"Yeah, you keep saying that, but when are you actually going to do it? Huh? 'Cause I vote for right here and right now," Jeremy jeered, trying to instigate.

The youngest Gilbert shoved Tyler and I was expecting the worst. Tyler surprised me by only warning Jeremy, "Walk away, Gilbert. It's your final warning." Thankfully Jeremy walked away.

"Thank you for not starting anything, Lockwood. I owe you one," I said before leaving.

           ⋆

After school was over I walked with Elena and Matt.

"They're keeping her overnight to make sure there's no infection, but she should be able to come home tomorrow," Matt spoke quietly so only we could hear.

"That's good news," Elena said

"Matt would it be okay if I sent her some 'get well' balloons?" I asked hopefully. I felt bad about the whole situation.

"Definitely! Thanks Arina," Matt smiled at me. Matt smiling was a rare thing lately. For awhile it seemed like he had this little rain cloud that followed him everywhere he went. I guess the rain cloud went away and rays of sunshine were now above him.

"Did you get in touch with your mom?" Elena asked Matt, moving the conversation forward.

I honestly didn't like Matt's mom. She abandoned her own children to do heck knows what. I may have never met my mom but I know that a mom is suppose to care for their children and put their children first.

"Called and left a message. She's in Virginia Beach with her boyfriend, so...we'll see how long it takes her to come rushing home," Matt answered sadly.

Elena sighed before saying, " Vicki's lucky that she's ok."

I nodded my head in agreement to that statement.

"I know and now there's talk of some missing campers," Matt added.

"Whoa what? Mystic Falls seems to be extremely mystic right now," I said somewhat jokingly. Matt and Elena grinned at my comment.

"Did she say what kind of animal it was that attacked her?" Elena asked bringing the serious tone back to our conversation.

"She said it was a vampire," Matt said in disbelief.

I thought he was joking so I laughed only to find that he was serious. Elena sent me a glare. "Oh, you're serious?" I questioned.

"Yeah, she wakes up last night and mutters 'vampire' and then passes out," Matt explained.

"OK, that is weird," Elena said.

"Very," I added.

"I think she was drunk." Matt concluded before changing the subject," So what's up with you and the new guy?"

Of course he had to bring Stefan into this and coincidentally Stefan was sitting at a table nearby.

"Matt, the last thing that I want to do is hurt you," Elena said solemnly.

"You know, I'm...I'm actually gonna go back to the hospital. I want to be there when Vicki wakes up, get the real story about last night," Matt said before leaving. You could tell he was a bit hurt.

Later, Bonnie, Caroline, Elena and I met up at the Grill.

"Well, I was talking to Grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom. The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage, it created a bed of paranormal activity," Bonnie spoke with seriousness.

"I'm going to die single," I concluded from what Bonnie said and furrowed my brows. I guess what I had said was funny because my friends started to laugh.

"Yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot and she told you about the aliens," Caroline joked. I guess I was the only person that kind of believed Bonnie was psychic.

Caroline turned to Elena and said, "So then what?" I turned my attention to Elena because, I myself was curious about her and Stefan.

"So then nothing," Elena spoke bluntly. I frowned a little, disappointed.

"You and Stefan talked all night? There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy feely of any kind?" Caroline asked clearly discontent.

"Nope. We didn't go there," Elena said once again being blunt.

"Not even a handshake? I mean, Elena, we are your friends. Ok? You are supposed to share the smut," Caroline reminded Elena.

"We just talked for hours," Elena admitted, smiling.

"That's cute," I added to the conversation. Caroline sent me a look to shut up, to which I stuck my tongue out at her.

"OK, what is with the blockage? Just jump his bones already! Ok, it's easy. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex!" Caroline said with a smirk. She seemed very proud of her formula for relationships.

"Profound," Elena commented sarcastically, before getting up.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asked, now curious.

"Caroline is right. It's easy. If I sit here long enough, I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying what I was going to do. Arina and I are going to pay Stefan a visit." Elena said confidently. Did she just say 'Arina and I'?

"Um... Did you just say Arina and I?" I asked confused.

"Duh, you're my wing woman," Elena said, shooting finger guns at me as I got up from my seat.

"That's true. After you get hanky panky with Stefan, we need to focus on my love life. It's been lacking lately," I stated as we  left our friends.

           ⋆

Once we got to Stefan's house I stood outside staring in awe. He never mentioned having a beautiful house.

"I think you have a little drool right there." Elena joked pointing at my mouth as I continued to stare at the huge mansion in awe.

Elena knocked on the front door and it strangely opened with ease so she entered. "Isn't this considered breaking and entering? I mean I know you want to jump his bones and all but if he's not home, he's not home," I interjected.

"Stefan? Stefan?" Elena called as we continued inside the house. We came across a large living room with a huge fire place. The house was even more beautiful on the inside.

As we were looking around I heard a creaking noise. I swooped my head toward the front door, only to find a crow flying into the house. As we turned around I came face to face with the man I met the other night. I think his name was Damon. I was speechless.

Thankfully, Elena spoke up for me," We're sorry for barging in. The door was...open." We both turned around to see that the door was now closed. Well this doesn't look good for us.

Word Count: 1875