thirty-three: 200 days and counting

"Alicia!" Dinos waved to me as I came down the path to the taverna. "You look ...not so good."

"Hiya," I waved. "Yes, I am tired."

"I'll make you better," He nodded.

"Food would definitely make me better."

"Better than the food," he smiled conspiratorially. Then he pointed towards the water.

It took my eyes a moment to adjust to the light and then, I saw him.

My heart flipped and I sucked in a breath. I would know that shape anywhere, anytime.

"Jeb?" I wasn't seeing things, right? "Jeb?!"

He turned towards my voice, squinting. He was wearing a tight white t-shirt and jeans. He was so beautiful. I began jogging towards him.

He caught me in his arms and twirled me around, kissing me. It was him! It was his body, his scent, his lips.

"Alice," he dropped his face in my neck. "Finally."

"You're here! I mean, how? How are you here?" I kissed his neck, his check, his lips. "Your last message said you were having Thanksgiving with Jay and Queenie."

"I maybe lied, querida," he admitted. "Sorry."

He dropped me gently to the ground and I wrapped my arms around him. "Levi is spending Thanksgiving with Jay and Queenie. I'm spending it with you."

I nodded against the soft fabric of his shirt, digging my fingers into his back.

"Good plan?"

"Good plan," I agreed. "Except, no Thanksgiving here."

"There is now," he promised, kissing me again.

"Alice! Food for two people, yes?"

I blushed. "Please, Dinos!"

"Is it good?" Jeb asked, leading me by the hand to a table.

I nodded.

"Thank God because I'm starved."

"How? I mean..." I looked around. "How?!"

"Logistically? You don't want to know. Let's just agree that I've found my Achilles heel and it is booking travel on the Internet."

He paused his answer as Dinos put a plate in front of us piled with lamb, olives, sliced cucumbers and onion, pita, feta and tzatziki sauce. I thanked him.

He nodded and grinned at us as though he'd been our matchmaker. With a pat of Jeb's shoulder he stepped back to the bar.

For a few long moments, we ate. Jeb demolished his half and part of mine. Dinos jogged over with a second plate and Jeb grinned his gratitude.

"Whew," He wiped his mouth with a napkin. "Sorry. I haven't eaten in a while."

"Next time, have Ari plan your international booty calls."

"Not quite a booty call," he said, pulling a cheap ball chain necklace from around his neck.

Dangling in front of me was my wedding ring.

"Jeb!" I clapped my hand over my mouth. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

"They returned this to me."

"But..."

"My wife should have her ring. If her finger is healed, I mean."

I wiggled my hand. "All healed. But...no, Jeb..."