eleven: all fun and games until the police show up

Finn stopped in front of me and reached for my arm. 

I ducked away.

"Babe, I don't know what you're thinking but we need to talk."

"Go away, Finn."

"You owe me an explanation! You owe me a chance to know what I did! Two days ago, we were getting married. We had big plans!"

"I don't owe you anything!"

"Do you know how worried I was? You just disappeared! Then your stuff was gone! No note. No nothing! What was I supposed to think?!? I went to your parents, the police, the campus administration. I went insane!"

For a moment, I thought he might be sincere. 

Then I remembered his voice, begging Naomi to go harder. I steeled myself.  "How do you know my parents?"

"What?"

From the corner of my eye, I watched as Marco introduced himself to mom and held out his hand. She didn't shake it. I could have told him she wouldn't. Grandma Mary moved in their direction. 

Jeb had stepped forward towards Lonnie.

"Finn, if you want to talk, I'll meet you."

Jeb's head turned to face me and his eyes widened.

"But I am legally, completely married to Jeb Scott. That won't change. If you still want to speak to me, then I'll text you a time - tomorrow. After my wedding reception."

"THIS IS INSANE!!!!" He rushed towards me. 

I noticed someone by the bar, filming us. Another taking a picture. "Jeb," I called. "Please?"

"You said that you would only have sex with your husband, Alice. YOUR HUSBAND. So what does that make me??!"

Everyone in the restaurant stopped and stared. Including mom and Lonnie. 

Oh God, let the floor take me now. Please God....

Finn grabbed my arm again. "We're talking, now! Before all this goes any further!"

I tried to pull away but his fingers dug in. 

"Ouch! Finn, stop!"

"OOFFFFFFFFFFFFF Argh!" Finn went spinning, stepping back. 

BWOK!

Jeb was shaking his hand. 

Finn was rubbing his cheek and growling in outrage.

Holy...did Jeb punch Finn??! Did that just happen?

"NOT. THE. FACE!" Finn shouted, rubbing his jaw. "You all saw that, right?!" He turned around to the restaurant. "Someone call 911!!"

"ALICIA, come here! Now! We need to leave this place of sin!"

"Mom, no -"

"Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord." She ground out, her face pink with anxiety. "Forsake not the law of your mother! Your life has been paved, Alicia. By God. Please come home and get yourself back on the path. Your place is in Heaven not...here. This is your soul we are saving."

The buzzing of the restaurant seemed to fade for a second and I could feel the eyes on me. It was hard to breathe; it was like my insides had gotten sticky and the air couldn't get in. I rubbed my lips trying to think of words I should say. 

"You OK?" Jeb whispered. 

"You can still be forgiven, Alicia. There is always redemption. Come home."