Black Heart Alien

One month earlier..

"Dad we discussed this.. you can't change my mind." Mikoto glared angrily at her father as they sat outside one of the bakeries in the school garden.

"You could've chosen any respectable boy.." said Tabigake. "But listen to me.. choosing somebody associated with the Dark Side of Academy City-"

"He's not associated with that anymore!" Mikoto growled. "He's been trying to make up for his past, and as far as I'm concerned, he's made up for it ten times over with the amount of times he's.. well.. I don't know.. SAVED THE ENTIRE WORLD!"

"He's not a hero!" said Tabigake, looking exasperated now. "He gets a thrill out of being a hero, what with his powers.. you should see the amazing misuse he's-"

"He was  TEN YEARS OLD!" Mikoto exclaimed furiously. "I'd like to see you NOT act the way Ben did if you were a kid that age and got a watch with super powers! Heck, all things considered, Ben behaved more maturely with that thing than most kids would've! I love him, conversation's over!!"

"You're 14 Mikoto dear." said Tabigake, now sounding desperate. "You don't know what you want yet, you're rushing into this.."

"Ben saved my life you know.. at least acknowledge the fact that if it wasn't for him, I would've been tortured to death by a raging esper with an overfondness for bloodshed and mohawks." said Mikoto. "I just don't GET it.. Mom loves Ben, she thinks he's awesome, but you seem to treat him like the spawn of Satan!"

"You wouldn't understand.." Tabigake growled. "The Plumbers are-."

Mikoto froze. "How do you know about the Plumbers?"

Tabigake sighed. "I used to be one of them sweetheart. Tennyson's Grandfather was my instructor.. and the thing I learned about Tennysons is that they can't be trusted!"

"Bull!" Mikoto spat. "Have you even MET Ben's parents!? They were sure nicer to me than you are to Ben! You know what? I admit, this revelation that you worked with aliens and never told me may be pretty interesting, but I'm DONE! Ben's been trying so hard to impress you.. And to have him go through all that effort and receive nothing but contempt is mind boggling! If a family grudge is what's driving this, then I'll have NO part of it.. cause as far as I'm concerned, Ben's already family to me!"

Mikoto got up from the table and stomped off furiously without a word to her father. She hated it all, how Ben tried and tried again to please somebody who just refused to be pleased.. it was driving a guy up the wall who was already stressed enough as it was.. 

"Mikoto wait!" her father caught up with her, and Mikoto whirled around, still scowling.  

"What!?"

"It's not just the past of the Tennysons that's got me worried." said Tabigake. "Ben Tennyson's life is an uncertain one.. enemies are everywhere.. every ill wishing being in the Universe know who he is.. and who he cares about.. what will you do.. if one day he doesn't come home!? Do you really want to set yourself up for that type of emotional breakdown!?"

"Yes." said Mikoto.

"What?"

"Because if I didn't break down and go crazy upon the one I loved's death... than I didn't love him enough!" Mikoto growled.

Present day..

Ultimate Cannonbolt staggered back, as the blade of light disappeared. The part of his armor in his back that had been stabbed through had a long scarred crack in it.  he fell on his back with a thud, his eyes blank...