Loving Blu

"How do you feel?" Matthew asked two days after I'd revealed my identity. The town was buzzing, paparazzi was all in it, my dad hadn't called and I felt free for the first time in a long time.

"Like a bird, baby." I said winking at him as we laid in the field in the Hiding Place. I'd set up a picnic and surprised him.

"If your a bird, I'm a bird." Matthew said quoting the Notebook and my heart fluttered.

"I love you." I said kissing him as I stood and pulled him up. We walked back down to the cabin and put everything away. He just silently studied me and every move I made.

"You can stare, but stare and hand dry the dishes will you?" I joked with him and he laughed. "I just want to know what's next for you...no more Katie...just Blu." He spoke.

"I'm going to do what I told you I wanted to do the very first time you took me to the Hiding Place and I'll hold onto my music, I'm just not sure how yet."

"You're different in a way, you look more radiant." He said and I laughed. "Are you okay, Matthew?" I asked questioning his weird behavior.

"Yes, I am." He said pouting at me. I pulled him close, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I'm just kidding, baby." I said softly as he stroked my hair.

"I never imagined in a million years, I'd find someone like you. You don't like to say you changed me, but you did. I'm not the guy I used to be and it's all because of you." He said looking down at me. I kissed his lips softly as a tear slid down my cheek.

"What has made you say such a sweet thing, huh?" I asked and he chuckled. "Your beautiful smile, I wanted it to be wider. You're going to change the world someday, more than you already have." He said to me and I smiled just for him.

"Ugh, don't make me cry. We need to get ready for the dinner." I groaned wiping my eye daintily making sure my mascara was still intact.

We both changed and were on our way. I'd arranged a dinner for my whole glam squad and production crew. Anyone who had played a role in Katie's life was invited. Leaving my dad off the guest list bothered me, but he did nothing in my career I wanted to remember.

They all clapped as I walked in the reserved restaurant. I'd bought it out for the night. I blushed as if I wasn't used to applause.

"Guys, tonight's about you guys more than anything. Katie Sparks will forever be with me and so will you all." I said making a tiny toast. The evening was full of laughter, memories of my tours, and delicious food.

"That was fun." Matthew said unzipping my dress for me later that night. I pulled my hair to one side and shimmied out of it. "Yeah, one last hoorah with the crew." I said in a reminiscing tone.

*****
A week later:

"Matthew! Wake up." I shook him awake at 3 in the morning. He groaned softly but got out of bed, shirtless, ruffled hair and looking dazed. I had on shorts and a tank top, but what I had to say couldn't wait. I grabbed his hand and ran down the narrow path. He followed me and we stopped at the end in the Hiding Place.

"What're you doing?" He asked and walked out to the middle. "I want to build a house here and a little family. With you." I said smiling. He just shook his head with a grin.

"Only my girl would ruin a guys sleep to tell them about a dream." He said to me and I blushed under the moon. "I'm sorry. I couldn't wait." I replied as he neared me.

"Don't worry. If you want a house right here, you'll get...a...damn...house...right here." He said in between kisses. He's so much more warm toward me. He didn't fight me on the fact I said little family and he actually wants a house right here...with me. I'm amazed at how far he's truly come.

"I love you Blu and sometimes that scares me, but I'd rather be scared than without you."

"No need to be scared, because I'm not going anywhere, forever and always Summers."

"Forever and always, Blu." He said back pulling me in for a hug. And in that moment I realized doing life with Matthew Summers could never get boring and I'd love him till the end of time.

****
Final Note-

thanks for sticking around so long and reading, it means the world to a girl like me. forever grateful for readers like you.

a song to describe this whole book would be: Malibu: By Miley Cyrus, just in case you haven't heard it...just do it. her Hannah Montana days inspired this book inside me.

vote, like, comment

-L xoxoxoxoxo