Closure Blu

"Blu, I'm going on a run, want to come." Matthew said with his hands wrapped around my feet ready to pull me out of bed. "It's so early, baby." I said back groaning.

"This is the perfect time to go." He said slowly pulling me. "Fine, fine, fine." I replied as I got dressed quickly throwing my bedhead into a bun. We started out jogging and Matthew picked up speed.

"I swear, if you leave me behind, I'll turn around and walk back home." I said and he laughed. "I'm not leaving you," He spoke and weirdly I felt as thought he meant like forever.

"Good. You know I hate running on the road, the treadmill tricks me into thinking I'm not really going anywhere, but I'm working out. Road running is so open and you see your endpoint, but it takes a year to get there, you know." I said and he just laughed.

"No baby, not exactly, sounds like you're doing a lot more thinking than actual running." He replied to me and I elbowed him.

He stopped in front of this house and I was really in my adrenaline and I wasn't ready to stop, but I came to a halt. He just gazed out at the house. I just stood and watched. "I used to live there." He said so quietly I wasn't sure if I heard him correctly. I didn't speak.

"I stop here every morning on my run and just watch the outside. It's looming of sadness and my past. I regret 98% of everything I did before I moved away from here. Maybe one day I'll be able to walk up to those doors and tell the woman behind them, I love her despite all the crazy shit she did to me. Her not loving me used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore, because I'm the bigger person I love her regardless, you know. I have the power now." He said and I grabbed his shirt as we started up running again. "I love how much you've grown." I said smiling.

"I love you for not giving up on me. That's why I invited you on my run this morning. Tomorrow you can use the treadmill." He said back making me laugh. "I wish I could take the power from my dad like you did with Theresa." I said to him,

"It wan't easy." He replied and I shook my head. "Would you be mad, if I went to see him?" I asked Matthew. "Yeah, but he's your father, so I can respect that if you want me too." He said as we rounded the driveway and went inside. I was pouring buckets and relentlessly needed a shower.

"Thank you." I spoke kissing his cheeks as I showered and put on a nice dress. My dad's assistant said he'd meet me at Rudy's at 6, so I patiently waited until then. "I have to go." I told Matthew whose head was laying on my lap.

"Call me if you need me, okay?" He said  to me kissing me as I walked out the door.

My father sat waiting on me and even tried to greet me with hug, I declined and just sat down.

"How are you?" He asked me. "Good." I replied and I'm sure he saw the ring on my finger because his eyes became enlarged. "Are you here to tell me you're marrying Matthew?" He asked me and I shook my head.

"No, at least not yet, I'm here to get some type of closure on my whole life. Dad, you abandoned me for what? I don't know, but it's been a hard year for me and you added fire to the flame. I'm not here to hear your side, I'm here to finally let this go and I've been thinking about Katie and I've outgrown her shell. You don't control me anymore after this and that's final." I said and he just shook his head.

"I'm glad you're better than me. I know my fathering skills have lacked for a while now and I still haven't forgiven myself for the things, I've done to you, your mother, or your brother, but you all were much better off without me. And I still don't like that Matthew kid, but you seem to love him and I know if I ever want to be in your life I'll have to too, so I want to try."

"I never invited you back into my life and Matthew sure as hell wouldn't care if you liked him or not. After today, consider yourself lucky if I ever call you. You won't hear from me or your grandchildren as long as you live. That bridge as been burned and the ship has sailed. You don't have the power anymore, I do, and I like it. You crushed me and any idea of a relationship between the two of us the day you hit me." I said back and I watched him solemnly. I felt a huge relief come off my shoulders as I stood.

"Goodbye." I said in closing and headed for my car. As soon as I got home, I ran straight to Matthew. "Woah," He exclaimed as I attacked him. "I did it and I love this feeling." I said as he laughed at me.

"I'm coming out as Sky Blu Waters today." I told Matthew and he looked at me with wide eyes. "That's a big deal, are you sure?" He asked as I grabbed my phone. I called the first news network listed in my contacts.

"I've never felt better about anything in my entire life." I said as the number dialed. I sat on Matthew's lap as he twirled my hair along his finger.

"Hi, it's Katie Sparks and I'm officially giving you exclusive information of her identity. I'm Sky Blu Waters, and this is the real me." I said through the phone and finally I was free, from it all.

****
Notes-

who else is feeling sentimental like damn I'm so happy for her, but damn no more Katie Sparks. the end of a beautiful journey...

vote like comment

-L xo