Santa Blu

We were back from our tropical vacation and I missed it, but Christmas is my favorite holiday and always has been. I've always been a giver and I love seeing people I love smile.

"Baby, you ready to open gifts?" I yelled down the long hallway in my house. I caught a glimpse of a picture my Mom and I had taken Prom night before she passed and my breath caught in my throat. She was stunning. I'd do anything to spend another Christmas with her.

"Yeah, just let me wrap this last one and we can begin our Christmas." He yelled at me through the door. We had just gotten back yesterday, so we did a lot of last minute shopping. Pepper and Rickey said they'd come by for breakfast, but for now it's just me and Matthew.

Matthew came out my room wearing a bow, no shirt and sweatpants, making me laugh. He's been so cheery lately and it's adorable. He couldn't stop talking about how great 'our Christmas' was going to be the last few days we spent on vacation. Of course I couldn't tell him he was being an absolute darling or he would've gone all Danny Zuko on me and been a jerk to prove he wasn't, but I still love him.

"Here's your first present." He said walking closer and he just stood there smiling at me. "Where is it?" I asked him and he laughed. "Right here, I call it a fine specimen." He said rubbing his chest and flashing an adorable grin. I kissed his cheek and took the bow off his head. "I love it, baby."

"I knew you would." He shot back winking at me and then turning around to go get my real gifts. I watched his cute ass walk in his sweatpants. "I know it's a nice ass, but a picture would last longer." He called as he walked away. I blushed at the fact he knew I was watching him. His gifts I'd gotten him were already down stairs by the tree I decorated at 4 in the morning. He came out my room with a crate full of gifts and we headed down to start opening.

"When'd you do this?' He asked staring at all the frill and glitter and ornaments around. "While you slept. I wanted our Christmas to be perfect." I said as we sat down.

"Okay, you first." I giddily spoke closing my eyes as he placed a square package in my hands wrapped terribly, but the effort was clear. I laughed and ripped it open. Inside sat three Kylie Lip Kit's that kept going out of stock every time I tried to buy it and the Modern Rennasiance palette under it.

"You really are something. Thank you, baby I can't believe you remembered which ones and the palette was a perfect touch." I said as I handed him his.

"You'd be surprised what I remember." He said back winking at me while unwrapping his gift. It was a new pair of shoes he'd been raving about which was unusual, so I immediately got them. He grinned so wide and I knew this was probably the best Christmas he'd had in a long time. We just kept handing each other gifts until he had one left for me behind him and I had one left for him behind me. His was tiny, mine was slightly larger.

"You first." He said to me. I slid it around and in front of him. He quirked his eyebrow at me and he ripped the paper off quickly to reveal an XBox.  He had been complaining for months about not being able to watch Netflix at NYU, so I thought it'd be perfect. He laughed and kissed my cheek. "I love it Blu." He spoke pushing it to the side with his other things.

"My turn." I said excited for my last gift, he handed it over and just patiently watched me. Inside was a tiny box, that you'd put a...ring in. He couldn't have...it's too early...he doesn't want that type of commitment. All these thoughts raced through my mind, I didn't realize I was shaking until Matthew called my name.

"Blu...are you going to open it?" He asked and I shook my head and gulped. I slowly lifted the box open and inside was one of the beautifulest sights I'd ever seen. He took the box out my hand and pulled the ring out closing the box and setting it down. He grabbed my hand.