Party Blu

It's the last week of October and of course that means the biggest birthday bash of the year was quickly arriving.

"Mom, I've already given invitations to everyone I know." I groaned at her. She insisted I had still left people out of the mix.

Yes, we are on speaking terms after our little debacle.

"Okay Mom! I'll have Pep check the list over, but did you have the ice sculpture order date moved up and the gift basket party favors?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Yes darling, now that's enough questions! At least one thing has to be a surprise." She said and I smiled kissing her rosy cheek and heading for my car.

I have a date at the Coffee Palace with Matthew and I'm going to be super late.

I ran to our new usual spot in the bean bag chairs and my coffee was waiting on me, steam pouring out and of course the most handsome face I've ever laid eyes on was sitting opposite from me.

I kissed his cheek and sipped my coffee slowly.

"You okay? Was it really cold out?" He asked as I shook my head vigorously.

"Why are you so late?" He asked.

"The biggest bash of the year is on my heels." I said and he chuckled.

"I've never been invited." He retorted.

"I didn't know you a long time ago and my parents used to make the guest lists!" I said and he laughed.

"You are very defensive today. Babe, it's chill. I could honestly careless about not being invited to your "bash" or whatever." He said and I laughed.

"It's a bash!"

"Potato, potatoe same difference." He said and I shook my head.

"I leave in two days babe." I spoke with a sigh. "Don't remind me. I'm going to miss you. You are the only reason I've left my cabin. It used to just be me, myself, and my now seamless car." He said and I gasped.

"I'm such an idiot. I knew I didn't see your cousin's car! Let me see it!" I squealed and looked out the window as he unlocked it. The lights flashed bright. The paint job was effortlessly beautiful and gleaming. It was so mesmerizing. My boyfriend has serious car skills.

"Oh my god, Matthew! It's so sick!" I said using my "car language". He laughs every time I use that phrase.

"Please, Blu you have got to stop saying that." He groaned picking at me.

"Okay that's rad, babe."

"Ah, much better."

"You are mean." I whined.

"Only for you." He said standing and held out his hand to lift me up.

"Was that supposed to "sweet talk" me into going to your house?" I asked.

"Did it work?" He asked back pulling me close.

"Always." I said as my breath hitched and my knees fell weak.

*******************

"Babe, I have to go! The party is tomorrow!" I said groaning and he laughed.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do....like leave, perhaps?" He spoke quirking his eyebrows. I walked closer to him and jerked back before we made skin contact.

"Stop Matthew, I have to go." I said as I ran out the door. He followed me laughing.

"You say the sweetest things to me, Blu Waters." He called after me as I drove off laughing.