•six•

I don't cry often. But all of a sudden it's a normal thing for me. Maybe I'm becoming sensitive. It's not good.

   I hold my head in my hands or at least attempt to, but the Ace wrap on my left hand sort of restricts me from doing so.
Tony rests his hand on my shoulder as I lean against his bed on the floor.
"I'm so sorry for being a burden." I choke out.
"You're not. I promise." He says.
    I breathe in and out slowly, trying to slow my heart rate.
"I will...be right back." I stand up and dash towards his bathroom, my legs still a little sore.

I look into the mirror once again.
I lost my only "family". His family welcomed me as their own and I lost it. I lost him.

I roll up my sleeves to wash my hands and turn on the water. The water flows down smoothly. I turn my arms a bit, looking down at my wrists.
A few cuts there wasn't from the crash. Wasn't from a fight.

Is that what happens when you fight for too long? You take out the anger on yourself?

I regret it. Sometimes.

***
{The next morning}

I wake up to my head aching in pain. I'm still on the floor. Ouch. I go to reach for my forehead, only to find that the big gash across my head opened from me laying on it weirdly. Blood covers my hands.

I get cleaned up and ready for school. Tony's still sleeping, I could just walk to school.
I'm starting to heal, the bruises are fading and my arm feels a lot better.

   People stare at me as I walk down the hallway. They didn't notice me yesterday. I kind of just walked out of the school after talking to Mr. Porter.

"Woah look at his face." Whispers sound around the hallway as I walk to my locker.
"Yeah. Heard he got in a huge wreck."
"Matt's dead."
"His face is trashed"

   I can't take it.
I whip around and look at the last person I heard and walk up to them.

"Yes, okay?" I almost yell, the person gives a confused look.
"I was in an accident and I look like shit, now will you all shut the fuck up?" I storm away.
   Damn, these people are annoying.

***

   It's currently 4:00 and I'm going home. I need to go home. My mom will be pissed when she sees me like this, she'll only make it worse.

"Thanks. Goodbye." I brush past Tony as he nods slightly.
"Anytime."