"So, what you think your mum might be seeing someone else?" Zeke asks.

"As much as I hate to admit it, yeah. I'm planning on doing a detour to the hospital today and just asking around." I say.

"What your just going to ask her colleagues if she's screwing some random guy?" Archer asks and we all look at him like he's an idiot. Even his friends give him the same look.

"No genius, I'm going to ask whether she's really been doing all these late shifts. If she hasn't then we know somethings going on." I answer.  

~*~*~*~*~

I pull up outside the hospital and walk in and head for the lift. I go to the 10th floor which is the one my mum works on and I head to reception where I see Claire. She smiles when she sees me, which I return.

"Well, well if it isn't Channing Lewis. What are you doing here?" She asks.

"Is mum here?" I ask and Claire shakes her head.

"No sweetie, she's been off for the past few days. Why what's wrong?" She asks.

"Nothing, she just told me she was working today, maybe I misheard her." I say and she smiles and nods. "Anyway thanks Claire." I say before walking away. I text the others to come and meet me at my house and head home. Within 20 minutes everyone is here and we're currently laying in my room with Buster.

"So, she's been off for the past few days?" Derek asks.

"Yep. Now do you blame me for being suspicious?" I ask and they all shake their heads.

"Where the hell has she been then, if she hasn't been at work?" Tessa questions. I shrug my shoulder and there's a knock at my door and of course it's my dad. 

"Wow, are we having a party or something?" He asks and I shake my head.

"No, just hanging out. What's up?" I ask.

"Your mum is home, just thought I'd come and tell you. I'll leave you kids to it, but make sure you come down and say hello, she's missed you." He say and leaves. 

"Not enough apparently." I mutter. "I'll be back in a minute, you guys know where the mini fridge is, help yourselves to snacks." I say and walk out with Buster at my heels. I walk down the stairs and into the kitchen where my mum is currently standing with dad. They're arguing in hushed voices but stop when they see me. 

"Hey sweetie! This must be Buster, you dad mentioned you brought yourself a puppy." She smiles and Buster barks at her. 

"Yeah I did. Hey, where were you today?" I ask and my dad looks at me confused and so does mum.

"I was at work Channing, where else would I be?" She asks.

"That's funny, because I stopped by at the hospital today and you weren't there. Actually you haven't been there for the past few days." I comment. Her face immediately falls and my dad looks at her suspiciously. "What you didn't think I'd show up at one point?" I ask.

"I don't know who you spoke to at the hospital but they're wrong." She tries to cover up.

"What so Claire, your nearest and dearest friend who has helped manage you schedule for all but 13 years is lying?" I ask.

"How dare you show up at my work and ask where I am!" She snaps.

"So, it's illegal to come and see you at work now. Just own up, you weren't at work, so where the hell were you?!" I yell.

"I'm rather interested to know too, Evelyn." Dad comments. At this point, I can see all my friends making their way onto the hall to hear what she has to say. I'm the only one who can see them as my parents are on the other side of the kitchen.