Chapter Ten

Author's Note:
Exam season is rapidly approaching and all I want to do is party and drink and that sucks ass. Also, I've got a bottle of wine and vodka in a draw beside my bed and I'm low-key paranoid My parents will find it . Anyway, enjoy this chapter.

Kavos' purple eyes widened dramatically and he stared at me open-mouthed as if he couldn't believe what had just came out of my mouth and I turned away in embarrassment.

I wasn't sure what oral sex was exactly but I gathered it was sexual– the clue was in the name–but we had never discussed anything of that nature before and I suddenly felt very coy.

"Sorry," I squeaked as I heard Aztec's booming laugh from somewhere inside of the house.

"I'm going to kill him!" snapped Kavos, breathing deeply through his nose as if he was at the end of his tether.

"It wasn't his fault; he was only telling me a story!" I exclaimed, scrambling up and clutching Kavos as if I could physically stop him from hunting down my best friend.

"It's always something. Look at when he was making you watch that old English god-forsaken Geordie Shore show; the words you learnt were disgraceful."

"I like Geordie Shore" I pouted, feeling offended.

"It's about sex, partying and drinking," Kavos scowled.

"The best things in life!" hollered Aztec from wherever he had disappeared to.

Covering my mouth, I tried to hold in a little snigger that was threatening to bubble up at Kavos' annoyed expression that I had come accustomed to whenever Aztec was involved.

Their relationship was a funny one, and they were so different from what I expected of someone who ruled the world and someone who was named the Soul Collector. They were close and I knew Aztec knew things about Kavos that I doubted anyone would know, their trust for each other ran deep and I knew that Kavos could rely on Aztec for absolutely anything.

Kavos was serious and didn't joke about. He had a no-nonsense approach and his whole aura was intimidating and whenever he walked into a room it would get noticeably colder. It took me a few days to get used to it but now and again I still got chills.

He was overprotective of me and I knew whenever he was annoyed or frustrated, he would calm down after I fixed him a nice home cooked meal and just sat with him; I came to the conclusion that my presence probably soothed him as his own soothed mine whenever I felt a certain way.

Aztec had the notorious reputation of the soul collector; he had killed hundreds of millions of people and was feared throughout Earth, the different realms, and by some of the minor gods. Legend had it that Aztec was indestructible and was birthed from The Creator of Darkness and had been on the Earth for as long as it had existed, but he was a half breed of darkness and some other creature which made him an outcast so he grew up roaming the earth and getting stronger.

He spent his life fighting and killing until he met The God of Revenge and Punishment– Chaos–and ended up working for him, and when Kavos was created he and Kavos became like brothers and then the rest was history.

Apparently, Aztec had a half-brother called Darkness who was also known as the Minor God of Death. He was created from darkness and one of the last of his kind; almost indestructible and as old The Creator himself. But they hated each other and the last time they had ended up in the same room, let's just say the Earth had the most destructive earthquake and tsunami it had ever seen that had killed thousands of people.

It was crazy for me to think of Aztec killing or harming anyone. I could see why people were scared of Kavos, but Aztec was always so friendly and fun. He found everything funny and was the most childish person I knew, I couldn't fathom being scared of him and the thought of him killing made me feel uncomfortable.