Chapter Five

Authors Note: Thanks to izzyxmelon ( she's the real MVP) who has offered to edit my previous four chapters which means this book won't be put on hold💜💜💜💜.

"Pretty hurts
Shine the light on whatever's worse
Perfection is the disease of a nation
Pretty hurts
Shine the light on whatever's worse
Tryna fix something
But you can't fix what you can't see
It's the soul that needs the surgery"~ Beyoncé.

independence
ɪndɪˈpɛnd(ə)ns/
noun
the fact or state of being independent.

The kitchen was spacious, modern and white, with marble floors and a marble breakfast bar with two white seats placed by the bar. It looked very well put together and incredibly expensive, but I couldn't help but compare it to my kitchen back at my old home with Ms.Reid.

My old kitchen may not have had the high ceilings, silver hanging lights and looked like something out of a catalogue, but it had the homely and lived in feeling about it

My old kitchen may not have had the high ceilings, silver hanging lights and looked like something out of a catalogue, but it had the homely and lived in feeling about it. It looked like somewhere you could relax, bake and have fun in, instead of being scared of sitting on something and ruining it.

I wondered if Kavos ever sat in here to eat his meals, although imaging him doing something as domestic as eating and cooking seemed very weird to me.

"Feel free to use the fridge, it's just been stocked" He advised, taking a seat, watching me intensely as if I was going to suddenly disappear.

"Thank you" I smiled, giving him a grateful look before opening the fridge.

I pulled out some eggs, turkey slices and fruit before I got busy making breakfast while he told me where everything was. He didn't let me pour the oil into pan due to his concern of me burning myself, but apart from that he didn't say much.

I handed him his breakfast shyly, waiting for him to taste it and tell me what he thought. I desperately wanted to please him and the thought of him enjoying something I did for him made me feel giddy with excitement.

"Delicious. You're quite the cook aren't you, my little lamb?" Kavos purred, taking a bite of the omelette and turkey slice.

My eyes widened at the pet name and I felt myself get flustered, I suddenly felt very hot and uncomfortable as a warm feeling pooled at the pit of my stomach.

"I-I, uh, t-t-thanks" I stuttered out pathetically.

"No problem. Now, eat before your food gets cold while I explain the rules".