Chapter 35

(Brittany's POV)
I sobbed into Jc's chest as I hear the police taking Sam away. Jc rubs my back and keeps telling me everything is going to be okay. The room was silent and you could hear a pin drop.

I let go of Jc and look to see all the guys with tear stained faces. I slowly make my way to my room and close the door quietly. I lay down on my bed and cover myself with my blanket.

I feel like I have to cry but no tears were coming out. I cried every last tear that I had in my system. I closed my eyes and sighed as I slowly drifted to sleep.

(Sam's POV)
I cops took me out of the car and took me towards the big jail. The have me my "uniform", a toothbrush, and some toothpaste.

As I walked through the halls of the cells, the inmates yelled some shit at me but I completely ignored them. I did what Brittany told me to do. Don't look at them, don't talk to them.

"Hey pussy! What'd ya do to get in here ha?!" some asshole yells at me. I scoff and just do what the officer tells me.

They put me in an okay shaped cell that I had all to myself. I lay down on the bed and put my hands behind my head. My eyes become heavy and I slowly drift off to sleep.

(Brittany's POV)
I get up and look to see that it's dark outside. I leaned over to get my phone and check the time.

1:05 a.m

I groan loud enough that I hear a light knock on my door.

"Yeah?" my voice cracks across my dark room. My door opens a crack and then I see a messy haired Jc peek his head through the door.

"Hey. Can I come in?" he asks while standing in front of the door. I nod and he quietly shuts the door behind him.

He makes his way over to my bed and sits next to me.

I sigh heavily as a tear runs down my face. Jc wraps his arms around me.

"I know. We all miss him too. Just remember, we'll always be here for you." Jc whispers in my ear. I nod and close my eyes.

"I know. I love you guys so much and I'm very great full for you guys adopting me. When you guys adopted me I thought I was the luckiest person in the world." I could feel Jc smiling.

"We were excited to adopt someone. I remember the first night you stayed. Sam came to my room and told me he liked you. I tried to give him advice. I told him to ask you out but obviously he just wanted to kiss you right then and there." Jc chuckled which made me smile.

It was quiet for awhile until I hear Jc's slight snores. I sigh quietly and close my eyes.

A couple hours passed and I still couldn't sleep. Jc got up during those hours but I just pretended to sleep.

It's finally 6:30 in the morning and I decided to get up. I quietly open the door and tip toe down the steps. The pink sun rise is slowly peaking through the windows. I walk into the kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal.

I hear footsteps come down the steps. I look up and see a tired Ricky rubbing his eyes.

"Hey Ricky. What's up?" I ask casually while putting another spoon of cereal into my mouth.

"Couldn't sleep. Decided something from the lovely fridge might help me sleep."

I nod my head and look out the window. Ricky grabs orange juice from the fridge and sits in the chair next to me.

"You know we can go visit Sam later today. If you would like to." Ricky says while staring out the window.

I nod and take another serve of cereal. I stand up and put my bowl in the sink. I make my way towards the stairs and I hear Ricky's voice.

"You know I'll be here if you need anything."

"I know Ricky. And if you need anything, I'll be here too." I smile and walk up the steps.

I lay back in my bed but grab my phone and look at all my pictures I have with Sam.

I smile at the one we took at Disney in front of the castle. As I looked through photos I started to feel nauseous. I felt the cereal that I ate coming back up my throat. I get up and almost sprint to the bathroom. I puke into the toilet and my eyes water.

I hear my bedroom door open and Ricky runs into the bathroom. He pulls my hair back and rubs my back gently. When I'm finished Ricky puts me back in bed.

"Do you want anything? Like...I don't know, crackers, ginger ale?" I nod and turn my back towards him.

Ricky closes the door and I hear voices whispering outside it.

"Is she okay?" I hear Kian's voice.

"Yeah. She's just sick. I think it's Sam. She misses him a lot, this morning I found her downstairs. She was eating cereal and staring out the window. It seemed like she didn't really want to talk. I'd just leave her alone for now, wait until she's ready to talk." Ricky replied quietly.

I heard the footsteps walk always from the door. I stare at my white ceiling. I think about the day Sam is finally out of jail. We'll be together and nothing will ever be able to separate us.

I close my eyes but I'm interrupted by my stomach turning. I run to the bathroom and I stay in there for a good 20 minutes. I run a hand through my hair and quickly brush my teeth to get the puke taste out of my mouth.

I slowly walk out of the bathroom and bundle myself under my white fluffy blanket. I close my eyes and drift off into an endless sleep thinking that this is just a little stomach bug that will pass.

Fuck, was I wrong.