Chapter 78

Liliana's pov

"Lily, are you okay?" Derek asks walking into the room. After my argument with Jackson I went to Meredith and Derek's house to spend the night. Of course, Derek didn't mind letting me stay over, especially since Meredith went with Cristina and Owen for the Harper Avery awards, which Cristina unfortunately didnt win. Since Derek was taking care of the kids by himself, he appreciated having me there, even though I'm pretty sure I haven't been of much help, since I've pretty much spent all morning crying and feeling bad for myself. I hate arguing with Jackson, but I could normally keep it together after an argument, but with these pregnancy hormones I can't even hide how upset I am.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sniffle wiping away my tears.

"No, you're not." He sighs wrapping me in a hug as I start crying again.

"It's just we've never gotten into an argument as bad as the one last night." I cry. Obviously Jackson and I have argued before, but never to the extent that we argued last night. At this point I don't even want to go to work because I don't want to take the chance of seeing him. I know we have to communicate, but I'm scared that when we talk it'll just lead to another big argument.

"It's going to be okay. I know right now it doesn't seem like it, because things aren't how you planned for them to be, but everything is going to work out. You and Jackson are going to make up and figure everything out, but until then you need to stay calm. Stress isn't good for the baby."

"You're right." I agree wiping away my tears. I'm still overwhelmed with everything, but now that I'm pregnant I need to think about the baby and try to stay as positive as I can.

"Of course I am." He jokes making me laugh. "If you want I can take your surgeries today and you can stay here and relax.

"No, I need to go to work. It's better then sitting here feeling bad for myself. I actually need to go now, before I'm late." I say standing up.

"Okay, well I have to finish getting the kids ready, but I'll check on you as soon as I get to work." He says standing up.

"Okay." I smile grabbing my things then leaving for work.

As soon as I get to the hospital I get dressed in my scrubs before checking in on my patients and then taking one of my patients to the O.R. for surgery. The surgery only takes 3 hours and once I finish, I take her to recovery.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I say as I bump into someone while walking through the hallway checking my patients files on my iPad. I look to see who I bumped into and of course it's Jackson causing my heart to beat out of my chest. I'm honestly not ready to see him, because I'm still upset from our fight last night.

"It's fine." He says. "How are you?" He asks as an awkward silence fills the hallway.

"Good and you?" I ask.

"Fine, how'd you sleep?" He asks.

"Um, fine thanks." I say.

"Have you talked to Cristina? Is she okay? I mean I know she's upset about not winning the award."

"Yeah, but she'll be okay. She's Cristina." I shrug.

"Yeah." He agrees.

"So I need to come home tonight." I say.

"You want to talk?" He asks.

"No, I need my laptop. I have some files I need for work on there, so I need to come get it."

"Sure. Sure." He sighs.

"Are you okay. You look stressed?" I say.

"Yeah, I am. I have to compile a report for the foundation on the value of people's research projects, 'cause we're not gonna be able to keep all of them. I don't think." He says.