Chapter 41

Liliana's pov

"I'm exhausted." I yawn as Jackson and I walk into the locker room. All of the residents spent the better half of this whole weekend partying at Meredith's to celebrate passing the boards, even April even though she didn't pass.

"So am I, but it doesn't even matter because we're officially board certified doctors."Jackson says kissing me on the cheek.

"Yes we are and pretty soon we're going to have a whole new beginning in Louisiana." I smile before giving him a kiss. Jackson and I have officially decided that we are going to do our fellowship at Tulane. I'm not going to lie I was a little apprehensive about choosing not to stay in Seattle, but I think we're ready for a change.

"Get a room." Alex jokes walking into the locker room.

"Shut up." I laugh, before my pager goes off. "I gotta go, Shepherds paging." I say before walking to a conference room where Derek is waiting.

"Hey, Hunt needs to know if you've decided where you're going for your fellowship?" Derek asks.

"Yes actually I have, I'm taking the offer at Tulane." I smile.

"Tulane, that's a great program." Derek smiles.

"Yeah, I know." I smile Why are you staring at me?" I ask as Derek keeps looking at me.

"I just can't believe you're about to be a fellow. I've always seen your talent since day 1 and I always knew you would turn out to be a great surgeon, but I don't think it hit me until today that you only have a couple of more days of residency left, then we're both leaving Seattle. You've grown up on me Liliana Garcia." He says giving me a hug.

"Derek, don't get all sentimental on me." I joke as I hug him back. Of course I am excited to start a new journey at Tulane with Jackson, but the fact that I won't be in the same town as Derek or operating with him anymore has definitely also been heavy on my mind. "I really do want to say thank you and let you know how much I appreciate you taking me under your wing and teaching me everything I know about neurosurgery and I have to thank you even more for being there for me through everything from George dying, the shooting, and my car accident. You were always there every step of the way and I couldn't have made it without you." I say.

"And that's not going to change. Just because Meredith and I are moving to Boston and you and Jackson are moving to New Orleans doesn't mean we aren't going to keep in contact or not be there for each other. You're like a sister to me, there's no getting rid of me."

"Good, because you aren't getting rid of me either." I smile. Derek and I stay in the conference room talking for a little while before I walk into the hallway and join Meredith and Cristina as they walk.

"Hey, there you are. Is there anything you want to go over on the conjoined twins before you head out to Boise?" Teddy asks walking over to Cristina.

"Um, no I'm good." Cristina says.

"You sure, 'cause you're gonna be the sole cardiothoracic surgeon representing Seattle Grace. Which I mean, you know is kind of unheard of,for an attending to allow her fellow to do, but that's just the kind of faith I have in you." Teddy says.

"Technically I'm not a fellow yet." Cristina says.

"I know, right. I mean so just think about all the things that you're gonna be able to do when you are. Tip of the iceberg, Yang. I'm proud of you." Teddy says.

"You haven't even told her you're leaving?" Meredith asks Cristina.

"I haven't decided yet where I'm going." Cristina says.