Chapter 38

Liliana's pov

"You've found a 7.5 centimeter triple-a on your 85 year old patient, go." Callie says as we walk around the park.

"Get an angio, assess his pulmonary and cardiac function and see if he's a candidate for an angiovascular repair." I say.

"Nope." Callie answers.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because the patients dead. You killed him. He's dead." Callie says.

"I didn't kill him. I did a stent graft and now he's living without the threat of a rupture, which is not dead." I frown.

"Mm, I think you should buy him flowers, 'cause he dead." Callie says.

"He is not dead, I saved him the complications of an open procedure with a minimally invasive technique, he's not dead. Why are we stopping?" I argue as we stop walking.

"Because we're done." She says.

"Because I killed him? I told you, I did not kill him."

"I know and so do you, even when I try to psych you of it, which means you're ready for the boards. The Torres method is inside of you. So I'm gonna go home to my wife because I am sick of pushing this baby around this park, every morning at the butt crack of dawn and you're free Garcia. Go do whatever it is you do." She smiles. I can't believe we're finally finished. Callie has been helping me study for weeks now and I'm finally done. I knew exactly what it is I wanted to do now that I have a little bit of free time. I drive to the hospital and immediately get dressed in my scrubs before going to an on call room to page Jackson. I was about to enjoy myself. Jackson walked into the on call room a short time later, and we handle our business.

"I really wish we could just go home and spend the whole morning in bed." I sigh as we get dressed

"Me too, but Mark insisted on having us on his service today." He says.

"I understand why he wants you on his service, but why did he request me. I'm not even into plastics." I say.

"Because Hunt's out today, so Mark's chief for the day and he says we're the only residents he can trust to help him make sure the day goes smoothly." Jackson says.

"So we're pretty much being used as his personal secretaries?"

"Yep, pretty much." Jackson nods.

"I normally would mind, but since Derek hasn't let me back on his service since I let Lexie remove that tumor I don't even mind being on Mark's service today." I sigh.

"It's been like 2 weeks now. He can't keep punishing you for that one mistake." Jackson says.

"When the result of that mistake is that a lady can't speak anymore he can punish me as long as he feels, but it's fine anyways Nelson's still been letting me operate on a lot of his surgeries, so it isn't like I'm not getting any neuro time at all. Now come on let's see what Mark has planned for us." I say before Jackson and I walk out of the on call room to find Mark.

"Just the two people I was waiting for." Mark smiles handing us paperwork as soon as we enter the conference room..

"What is this for?" I ask reading over it.

"The procedures and motto's that are to be followed while I am Chief."

"Mark, you're only Chief until Hunt gets back. Is this really necessary?" I ask.

"Of course it is. We're striving for excellence here." Mark says.

"Whatever you say Chief." I smile, holding back a laugh.