Chapter 28

Jackson's POV

Hours and hours pass as my mind races with a thousand different thoughts like if only I had told Lily to wait for me when she asked me if I wanted her to? What if she doesn't make it. I can't imagine my life without her and I don't want to. This is the second time I've been in this position. Sitting in the waiting room while Lily fights for her life and it's just as hard as it was the first time. All I want is for her to be okay, to be able to wrap her in my arms again and tell her how much I love her.

"She's strong. She's going to make it through this." Lexie says snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What if she's doesn't?" I sigh.

"We can't think like that." Meredith says.

"I should've told her to wait for me until I finished post ops, then this wouldn't have happened. This is my fault." I sigh.

"Jackson, don't blame yourself. You know Lily wouldn't want that." April says.

"She's right, this isn't your fault. Accidents happen and when they do, your mind thinks of everything that led up to that moment and what you could've done different, but in reality nothing you did caused this." Alex says.

"Yeah and even though its hard, the best thing we can do for Lily right now is stay strong and keep it together." Cristina says.

Everyone continues talking to me, trying to reassure me Lily will be fine, but I zone them out as my mind wanders off to the worst possibilities.

"Jackson." April says catching my attention, making me notice Owen, Derek, and Bailey are walking our way meaning surgery is finally over.

"How is she?" I ask as we all stand up.

"She's stable, but critical." Bailey says.

"She suffered a concussion and internal bleeding in the abdomen due to the impact of the crash. We got it under control, but she lost a lot of blood. Her left wrist was badly dislocated and her acl was torn so Callie went in and reduced her wrist dislocation and repaired her acl tear. She had multiple rib fractures and.." Bailey says before pausing.

"What, what are you not telling us?" Meredith asks her.

"She went into cardiac arrest again while we were operating. We got her back, but she lost oxygen to the brain while she was down." Hunt says making my heart drop.

"Are you saying she's brain dead?" I frown, my heart beating out of my chest.

"No, there is still brain activity." Derek says.

"But she is unresponsive. She's went into a coma and we're not sure when or if she's going to wake up." Hunt says making my world come to a stop.

--

Beep, Beep, Beep

The only thing that could be heard was the sound of the heart monitor as I sat beside Lily holding her hand. She doesn't even look like herself. She has a ventilator down her throat since she can't breathe on her own. She was hooked up to a bunch of machines and IV's, and her whole body was covered in bruises and cuts. It took everything in me not to break when I walked into her room seeing her laying there hurt and knowing she might not come back to me.

"Baby I need you to wake up, things don't feel right without you. I know it hasn't even been a full day since everything happened, but I already miss you like crazy. I realize how stupid all of the arguments we've had were, because they were a waste of time. Time that I should've spent cherishing you because you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'm sorry for anytime I've ever disrespected you or hurt you because you didn't deserve it. I'm so lucky to have you so I need you to stay with me." I say pausing as I feel tears rolling down my face. "Ever since I first met you there was just something special about you, even though you couldn't stand me at first, I didn't let that stop me from pursuing you because I knew you were worth the chase. Making you my girlfriend is the best decision I've ever made and even though we've been through a lot of trials and tribulations since we've been together, I've never for one second regretted falling for you. You're my life and I don't tell you that enough and I know right now it would probably be easier to leave, to go be with your mom, George, and Izzie, but I won't make it without you so I'm begging you to stay with me, to fight, because I need you. Please just come back to me, I can't lose you." I cry.

Thanks for reading please vote and comment!