Chapter 44

So this chapter is based off of season 9 episode 2 so it was going to be completely made up of flashbacks, but I decided to change the chapter up a little bit.

Flashback

It was our fourth night stuck in the woods, everyone was sprawled out on the ground to hurt, exhausted, weak, and dehydrated to move. As we lay there a bright light began to shine down on us, I was convinced that I was hallucinating or finally dying, until I heard what sounded like a helicopter getting closer and closer before I passed out.

End of flashback

Flashback

Beep...Beep...Beep

I could hear the all to familiar sound of the heart monitor monitoring my heartbeat, which meant I must be in the hospital, so we were found. I struggled to open my heavy eyes, to see Jackson sitting beside me with a tear streaked face.

"Ja...Jackson." I say weakly getting his attention.

"Hey sweetheart, how are you feeling?" He sniffles caressing my face.

"Tired." I say.

"Yeah, you were really dehydrated so the doctors said you would be exhausted, but they have you hooked up to a lot of fluids so that should help. Are you in any pain? They have you on pain medication, but just let me know if you need more."

"I'm okay. How's everybody else?" I ask.

"The doctors are working on them." He answers.

"Lexie's dead." I sigh.

"I know." He says sympathetically caressing my face.

"I need you to check on Derek. His hand was hurt really bad and Mark, he wasn't doing to good." I say. It was really setting in how badly everyone was hurt and I was concerned.

"I will check on them in a little bit, but right now I'm going to stay right here with you and make sure you're okay. I thought I lost you." He says holding back tears.

"I'm not that easy to get rid of pretty boy." I joke weakly making him laugh. He sits with me continuing to hold my hand until I fall back asleep. I was more than relieved to have Jackson by my side again, but I knew things weren't ever going to be like they were before. That plane crash changed us all.

End of flashback

Flashback

We ended up having to fly back to Seattle, but I don't remember any of it because they sedated us. I was already sedated anyways, because that was the only way I could rest without waking up from nightmares.

"Jackson, can you please take me to see Derek? I need to check on him." I ask Jackson as he walks into my room.

"Baby, I checked on Derek for you this morning and he said to tell you that he's fine and for you to listen to Dr. Bailey's orders and stay in bed. You know she has you on bed rest until your breathing gets better." He says. I was still having issues with my breathing, because so many of my ribs were broken, so Dr. Bailey had me on strict bed rest with oxygen assistance, which sucked because I couldn't check on everyone else since we were all still in the hospital.

"Okay." I sigh wincing as I try to reposition myself in bed.

"Let me help you." He says walking over to me and helping me get comfortable again..