Chapter 29- Bonded

Julia and Severus wasted no time, wanting to be married as soon as possible. So, three months later, the students and staff of Hogwarts gathered in the white marquee that had been put up by the Black Lake, to witness the young professors make their vows.

Severus had asked Lucius Malfoy to be his best man, who had been reluctant at first, given his adversity towards his friend's fiancée. But a strongly worded Howler from Julia later, he politely accepted.

When it came to who would give Julia away, the decision was simple. Minerva McGonagall had been like a mother to her, and was honoured to have been asked, as was Albus when the pair requested that he officiate.

Severus gave Julia free rein over the wedding, as he wanted her to have the perfect day she had always dreamed of. That was why he was so delighted that she didn't demand that he wear a colour other than black.

The students all sat very respectfully in their assigned seats, with the staff all congregating in the front rows. The girls all cooed as Julia walked up the aisle, holding Minerva's arm, with Narcissa Malfoy as her bridesmaid.

Severus gazed upon his wife-to-be with adoration, and took her hands in his

Severus gazed upon his wife-to-be with adoration, and took her hands in his. He zoned out as Albus began the ceremony, he was enraptured by Julia's radiance, only being brought back to the moment when it was time for the vows.

The vows were very traditional, nothing too emotional, as they had made their own vows in private previously. Julia knew that Severus was uncomfortable with displaying his emotions in front of people, let alone his students, so she didn't push him.

Albus placed his wand on the pair's clasped hands, and golden tendrils burst from it, snaking up their arms, bonding them for eternity. The bond materialised in the form of two gold bands; Julia's sat above her emerald engagement ring, and Severus' being the first addition.

When the ceremony came to an end, Severus surprised everyone by taking Julia's face in his hands, and kissing her fervently. Never before had anyone seen such passion from the Potions Master, except Julia herself, but was so used to these displays occurring in the privacy of their own chambers. But nevertheless, she kissed him back, pouring as much love as she could, and the bond was sealed for good. Everyone in attendance began applauding, standing up from their seats. Albus took the opportunity to vanish all the seats, and the party began.

Though he would never say it, Severus found the day exhausting. He was unused to such attention, as seemingly every wizard in Britain had come up to him and Julia to congratulate the happy couple.

After a few hours, when the majority of the adult guests had had one Firewhiskey too many, Severus pulled Julia off the dance floor and into a secluded corner.

"Now then, I think it's time we returned to our chambers, don't you, wife?" Severus purred seductively into his witch's ear, holding her close to him.

"That's a wonderful idea, husband. Shall we slip out now?" She hummed in response, pulling him towards a gap in the marquee.

Hand in hand, they ran up to the castle, and down to the dungeons. The dark corridors, unfriendly and eerie to others, were welcoming and comforting to the newlyweds, who burst into their quarters excitedly.

Their clothes were disposed of in a flurry of flying fabric, as they enjoyed their wedding night in bliss.

~~~~~~~

In the afterglow, the pair laid side by side on the bed, nose to nose. Severus was twirling Julia's hair around a slender finger, and she was lightly stroking his bare chest.

"Are you happy, Severus?" Julia asked quietly.

"Darling, I am happier than I could ever have dreamed. Today has been the best of my life," Severus replied, kissing her cheek.

"I need to tell you something, and I don't know whether you'll be happy about it," she said as she looked away, as if summoning her courage.

Naturally, Severus was worried, and sat up, pulling her into his lap gently.

"What is troubling you, wife? I assure you, it's probably not as bad as you think," he whispered.

"Well," she breathed, turning so she was straddling him. "Let's just say you'll soon have a little one to teach Potions to."

Severus' eyes lit up, as his lips curled into a smile. "You're..?"

"I'm pregnant, Sev."

"Oh my sweet wife, that is wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! And I thought this day couldn't get any better!" Severus swept her up in his arms, and hugged her close to him. Then he set her on the bed, and kissed her stomach, Julia giggling all the while.

"I love you so much, Julia. I will give you and our child the best life possible," Severus promised.

"I love you too Severus, and I know."

~~~~~~

A/N Only the epilogue left now, hope you enjoyed this update!