Masquerade - Edited

Authors note:

This chapter has been edited, I'm going to go through the chapters I've already written and re-read my work. To correct the mistakes there are, I started this story 3 years ago so there's probably a few things I want to change. My writing has gotten better since i started this story. I haven't watched TVD in a few years but I have ideas that follow to The Originals and maybe Legacies cause I loved the spin offs.
_________

The Mystic Falls sign was right ahead, welcoming people to the small town and to drive safely. Whilst the real danger was inside this town. She thought that was wouldn't be coming back to this small town she once called home. Everything always came back to here, it was the center to everything.

Alessia knew she that couldn't let her brothers down or abandon them. They stick together, even after all they've been through. Having made amends decades ago for what happened back to when they were human. She passed through the towns square, driving pass the town hall, grill, police station.

Noticing how everything have changed in the past few years since she'd last been in Mystic Falls. Seeing how more modernised it all was, changing with the times. It didn't take too long to reach the driveway to the old Salvatore building house.

Through the years, she always made sure to come back to stay for a few weeks. To keep a check on her relatives, keeping an eye on them from afar.

The only one who knew who the Salvatore siblings really were was their great something nephew Zach. She always loved Zach, he was like a son to her. Yet it's been a while since she's heard from him, having been sent a letter saying he's moved away. Alessia was still left in the dark that her brother Damon had killed him months ago.

~ A Few days ago ~

Alessia was surprised when she saw the caller ID appear on her phone. Not expecting to have her brother calling her out of the blue. She still kept in touch with both of her brothers how they would check in with each other time to time, yet it's been nearly 2 decades since they had last seen each other.

In a way they still held grudges for what happened, even if she's more of the one who forgive and forgets the foolish mistakes either of her brothers makes. Picking up her phone from the bedside table she clicked slide the bar across putting the phone to her ear.

"Hello brother" She answered greeting him but left wondering what it was. Knowing that when one calls they always wanted her for something, rather than a simple catch up.

Just on queue she was right. "Sister, I know it's been a while but I need your help, we need your help" She knew something was wrong, even if it was just by the tone of Stefan's voice.

Back when they were younger, they knew each other better than they knew themselves. Being twins they were closer to each other. "And who is 'we'?" Stopping him in his tacks able pick up on when he said we meaning that there probably was Damon involved not needing for him to say it to know.

"Damon" Of course it was Damon, how she knew that trouble always seemed to follow wherever her eldest brother would go. "So what have Damon done now?" Sounding irritated almost not wanting to clean up Damon's mess again, the last time she did was when they all choose to leave their separate ways. How she wouldn't face him for a few years after, being reminded for what he did that night.

"We need your help to kill Katherine" She froze almost for a few moments, not knowing what he meant. Thinking that Katherine was long gone. "Alessia, Alessia you there?" Stefan spoke through the phone yet she quickly snapped back.

"What do you mean to kill Katherine? Please tell me Damon didn't open that tomb" She was since turning into vampires, Damon had been obsessed with trying to free Katherine. Whilst she never understood why, that he didn't see what Katherine for what she was.