Heart of Darkness

In the last few hours all she'd been doing was trying to play catch up. Finding out all that had been going on without her knowing. Things they had kept her out of the loop of ever since she had moved out and in with Klaus and the others.

She felt that she deserved to know that Alaric now suddenly had a murdering alter ego that hated vampires that went and came without anyone knowing. The council members died here and there but now she found it was from here.

Now they had bigger problems at their hands than she first thought compared to the bickering and fighting from her brothers and their gang to her other family.

"Wait so you're saying there's a psycho killer who could potentially kill an original then most likely kill us all in the process?" She mused looking so puzzled trying to put together all she'd been told.

"Exactly" Damon shot her his signature grin turned smirk making her just roll her eyes, still annoyed how they kept her out of the loop. Whilst Stefan just sat there nodding his head in agreement.

"Why did you even let Alaric keep one of the daggers who could kill an original if he has a vampire alter ego that could come out at any time?" She sighed, pointing out the obvious to her brothers and the others' stupidity.

"Well Bonnie had some herbs that were helping... or so we thought '' Soon Damon stopped himself saying anymore realizing their mistake.

"Exactly!" She exclaimed sarcastically highlighting their stupidity wanting to wack some sense into them. "The herbs aren't a permanent fix"

"So the reason why he's gone dark is because he'd been killed too many times by the rings that Emily made for Jonathan Gilbert that then been left to his descendents?" She always believed that Emily wasn't so faithful Katherine back then that she was working for others.

"Yes but it wasn't until Samatha Gilbert the first one to go crazy. She started to kill people of the founder council back in 1912" Damon started to say until she connected the dots.

"Wait so you're telling me that she was the one who killed our Nephew Zachariah" The three of them always kept tabs on their descendents even with how horrible their father was.

"Exactly"

"I swear you two are Dumb and Dumber" Some things never change.

~~~~~~~

She decided to stay back at the boarding house with others. They still had one more white oak stake that had to be done, and she knew what would happen if it wasn't found. Somehow she was now involved in the others' plan that she was to stay with Stefan to try to get it out of Alaric where he hid it. Whilst Damon and Elena were taking a road trip to Portland to bring back Jeremy.

She couldn't believe how it was Stefan who suggested that Damon should go with Elena. Already she was predicting, placing her bets for what was going to happen whilst they were going away. Having walked in seeing Damon and Elena kissing before whilst Stefan was gone. Now there was trouble in paradise and it was bound to happen again.

It wasn't long until Damon came in dropping backs of luggage on the floor whilst Stefan was standing in front of the fireplace staring into the flames as people do.

"You heard from Klaus?" Damon wondered looking at her then to Stefan.

"I've told him that I'm staying here for a bit, sibling bonding" She went on saying not wanting him to go ahead and point fingers at her for feeding back things to her husband. Not wanting for Klaus to be storming in just yet.

"Not yet. I'm sure I will soon though" Stefan started to say before picking up a white oak stake almost remaining with him. "He's expecting me to deliver two stakes, I only have one"