Chapter 22

Haly POV

            See, the thing is, fighting immortal pirates is hard. After all they're... well immortal! And to all you extremely stupid people who don't know what immortal means, it means they can't be killed. But the rest of us are mortal, so we can easily be killed. So this is a very unfair fight.
            And to make matters worse,  Elizabeth saw Will and Issel kiss. And she heard how I like Issel and Will together better than her and Will. In my defense I was being honest and I never thought she'd actually hear me say that. I mean, before we knew Issel and Jack she seemed like the perfect girl for Will, but now she just seemes kinda annoying. Issel was definitely a better match for Will. I'm getting off topic, anyways.... Elizabeth wasn't happy. But she didn't take her anger out on us, yet. She helped us get rid of the pirates before she went on us.
            With four of us it was easier to get rid of the pirates than just trying one on one fighting them. We just impaled them all with a rod like thing down the middle. Then put a bomb in one of the pirates chest while he was a skeleton and pushed them all out of the moonlight. They exploded and couldn't reform. Now I know I said it was hard and that might sound easy, but having to sword fight them before we did that was hard. I'm being confusing so I'm going to shut up now.
"Who's side is Jack on?" Elizabeth asked, obviously ignoring me and Issel.
              "At the moment?" Will said sarcastically shrugging slightly.
             Elizabeth looked at Issel disgusted, "who's side is she on?"
             Issel glared at her, "I'm on Haly and Will's side. Which, unfortunately, means being on your side."
"Alright, now's not the time to start fighting!" Will yelled at the two girls and grabbed my hand.
"Will what are you doing?" I asked as he dragged me to the chest of Aztec gold.
We got up to the top and Will cut my hand, causing me to yelp. Then he cut his own hand and put the medallion between our hands.
"I'm not taking any chances," he said, being extremely vague. I hate when he's vague like that, it's really annoying.
Will caught the other piece of Aztec gold that Jack took that was thrown to him. Barbossa pulled out his pistol, cocked it, and pointed it at either Elizabeth or Issel, his aim was unclear from here. A shot rang out.
For a moment I thought Barbossa had shoot Issel. I thought he shot the girl who was starting to become my best friend. Then I realized the shot, came from Jack's pistol. Jack had shot Barbossa.
"Ten years you carry that pistol and now you waste your shot?" Barbossa asked.
            "He didn't waste it," Will called out to Barbossa.
            Barbossa turned around to see me and Will drop the two coins. They hit the chest with a clatter you could hear throughout the cave. Barbossa moved his jacket to see... a bullet wound in his chest. It was bleeding badly, and if he didn't try to kill us so many times I would feel worried or upset.
           "I feel.... cold..." Barbossa said before he fell backwards, dead.
            And the battle was over.