Chapter 25

Warnings: None

~Preston's P.O.V.~

Now that this six of us are finally reunited once again, we continue our journey back towards the Captial, which at one point in time used to be our home. Once there, we'd buy ten blocks of obsidian as fast as possible, and then break into Herobrine's fortress and kick his butt. Just the thought of fighting to the deaths it's the legendary being makes my heart flutter, but at the same time I want it more than anything. Not only has he put the lives of my friends in danger, but he's slain and captured countless innocent lives... An act that can't be forgiven.

We pad silently over the grassy ground of the Savannah, moving through the land without a trace. At the moment we're all wearing out cloaks, with the hoods pulled up. At the edge of the Savannah, just before it transforms into a Mesa biome, is a small meat producing village named Torrine. Past that is a huge plains biome, and finally the spruce forest just before the Capital. Quite a few chunks to our West, the Diamondback River is running parallel to us. The people of Torrine are known to be friendly, and it's where the Capital gets most of their meat. Even still, it's better safe than sorry, and that's why we wear our cloaks.

The warm sun beats down comfortably, and we walk in comfortable silence. The silence does not change, but we become wary the second we see the figure off in the distance, leaning against a tree. Instantly, the six of of crowd behind a bush.

"There's someone up there..." Jerome whispers, peeking over the bush.
"No duh, Jerome." Lachlan drawls, rolling his eyes.

Mitch kneels beside Jerome, gazing over the bush.

"What do they look like, Mitch?" Vikk questions.
"'They' is a he. He's leaning under the shade of the tree with his eyes closed. I can't... Quite... Make out his clothing though. He's a bit too far away. But it just looks like he's resting." Mitch reports. "I think we'll be okay. It doesn't look like he's carrying any weapons... And he doesn't really look dangerous."
"Let's just be careful, then. If he's a spy for Herobrine then we can easily kill him." I state.
"I'm going to call out to him, before we really get near. Then we can see if he's hostile or not." Rob plans, the rest of us nodding.

So with that, we edge our way back out into the open, and begin to approach the man. Once we're standing a good five chunks away, Rob cups his hands over his mouth and calls out to the stranger.

"Hello! You! Under the tree!" Rob shouts, waving his arm in the air.

The man perks up, and straightens out. We're close enough now that I can see he had a turquoise shirt, and dark blue jeans. As well as brown hair, and a light stubble. Wait a second... He looks just like... I gasp as he opens his eyes slowly, a smile playing on his lips.

"Herobrine?!" The six of us shout in shocked unison, taking a few steps back.

He grins widely, his eyes flash, and in a poof he's gone. Then just as quickly as he vanished, he reappears floating just above us, a mere fifteen blocks away. We all sink into fighting stances, the magic inside us swelling.

"So... We finally meet..." He simpers evilly, grinning.

Mitch scoffs in disgust, shooting a light arrow directly at him. Herobrine frowns, and moves a simple inch, the arrow flying off into the distance. He glowers at Mitch.

"I've barley moved a muscle, and you open fire at me, Mitchell?" He tsks. "You must learn to control your anger."
"Shut up." Mitch seethes.
     "What do you want, Herobrine?" Jerome growls, spitting his name in disgust.

     Herobrine continues to grin creepily, drawing his pickaxe, and twirling it effortlessly around.

     "Lets play a little game..."

     Before any one of us can question him, he swings his pickaxe, and bedrock is bursting up from the ground. The impenetrable mineral bursts from the ground in a circle around us, shooting up hundreds of blocks, before spanning out in a ceiling, blocking out any kind of light.

     We all yelp in surprise as we're plunged into darkness. But jut as quickly as were blinded, a ring of fire is spurting around the edge of the dome, casting a low warm glow, the illuminates the room just enough the see. Herobrine appears floating calmly in the centre of the room, over the still grassy ground, snickering.

     "The rule is simple... SuRvIVE."

Jerome hurls a shadow ball at Herobrine, but he's gone in a flash, the shadows crashing into the bedrock wall behind him. Herobrine reappears on a simple bedrock block, suspended in the air, sitting down and watching on intently. Then he swipes his pickaxe through the air, and hundreds of mobs spawn instantly. I glare at him and anger boils inside me, causing my skin to bubble and pop at a scorching temperature.

"Coward! Come down here and fight us yourself!" I spit, Herobrine glancing at me with a look of rage.
"You DAre CAlL Me A CowARd?" He fumes, white mist spilling from his eyes.

I snap my mouth shut, afraid, but don't show it. I continue to hold his glare, refusing to break eye contact. The white mist stops spilling from his eyes, but they gleam dangerously as his temper calms.

"Mobs..." He addressed the hundreds of creatures.

They all turn to face him, and he grins, turning and staring directly at myself and everyone else, pointing a finger towards us. All the mobs heads turn in unison, bones clattering, zombies groaning, spiders hissing, and creepers stomping.

"AtTACk."

All at once, arrows fly, and the rest of the mobs charge, and were forced to all press our backs together, trying to create distance form the onslaught of mobs. Before the rain of arrows can reach us, Vikk summons walls of earth spikes around us, shielding us from the gnashing monsters and whizzing arrows. Over the wall I can see Herobrine observing us carefully.

"Uhh, we're surrounded." Lachlan states, fading from view.
"Excellent." Vikk grins, throwing back his cloak hood. "Now we can attack in any direction."

~~~

Question of the chapter:

Why is Herobrine doing this?

My answer: It has something to do with something some of you have guessed already...