Chapter 6

Thank you Travis_The_Trash_123 for editing this chapter

Warnings:  None

     ~Lachlan's P.O.V.~

Vikk has the right to be jealous. My water power has a bit of variety to it. Not only can I summon a fudging geyser and blow things to bits, but I can also control the temperature and the force. This means I can summon a scalding hot geyser to wreck your face, or, I can summon a tiny little spout of nice cool water. Vikk on the other hand doesn't really have much of a choice. His power always results in a monstrous spike of minerals jutting from the ground and destroying pretty much anything in its path. Maybe one day he'll discover a way to summon the spikes in a different way.

"The last skeleton just burned, and I don't see any creepers. By my calculations, if we keep heading West in a straight line, we should be at Waryville in a couple hours. You ready?" Vikk states, slinging his sword across his back.
"Yep."
     "Alrighty then, follow me!"

     And so Vikk starts forward, map spread out in front of him, leading us to the first people we'll have seen in one thousand years.

~~~

     "I've got a bad feeling about this Vikk..."
     "Yeah... I can see why."

     After quite a bit of walking, making random small talk along the way, the town of Waryville came into view. At first the town seemed peaceful and normal. But now that we're getting closer, the unmistakable spindly figures of Endermen are visible wandering the streets. Should've known Herobrine would have been here already... I'm surprised it's not burnt to the ground. And I'm not sure that's a good thing... One of the towering figures turns in our direction, and I notice something strange.

     "Vikk look... Those aren't your average Endermen."
     "How so?"
     "Their eyes... Their eyes are white."

     Vikk squints ahead, and judging by the look on his face, also sees that the normal purple glowing eyes on the Endermans faces are altered. Now instead they shine ominously white. I watch on in cautious curiosity as a person wearing worn out brown clothing passes by a partrolling Enderman. The Enderman glares at the man, who with a fearful expression, turns on his heels and scurries away.

     "That's weird... The man over there just looked directly at the Enderman... So why isn't it attacking?"
     "I think I have an idea..." Vikk responds thoughtfully.

I glance at him questioningly.

     "As you can see one, their eyes are white, and two, they don't seem to attack when looked at. So what I'm assuming, based on those two things, is that those Endermen are under Herobrines control. And when you think about it, if Herobrine were to choose any of the mobs in Minecraft, Endermen are probably the best choice. Not only are they extremely strong, but they can teleport between dimensions as well."
     "That's a really good point actually... We'll have to be careful when we go into the town and... Um. What are we doing in there again?"
     "Seeing if we can find a map or get someone to tell us where the nearest jungle is. And preferably if there's a jungle temple inside of it."
     "Why?"
     "Well the prophecy said that 'The next hero to free, is hidden amongst, trees that touch the sky. Sealed away, behind cobblestone walls, on the floor that opposites high.' The only two biomes with large trees are jungle biomes and mega taiga biomes. And when it says 'Sealed away, behind cobblestone walls, on the floor that opposites high.' Where do you think it's referring to?" Vikk questions.
"Um... I mean the only two structures in minecraft with cobblestone walls are mob spawners and jungle temples... And mob spawners don't have multiple floors... So a jungle temple?" I guess.
"Exactly. And 'on the floor that opposites high' must mean whoever it is, he's on the basement floor."
"...Wow. How the fudge are you so smart, Vikk?"
"Well I take the time to think things over."
"Are you implying something there?" I question, raising an eyebrow.
"Maybe..."
"Jag."
Vikk giggles, "Anyways. We should probably put these cloaks on... Just in case."
"Just in case of what?" I inquire, catching the wispy clock as Vikk tosses it to me.
"Just in case someone recognizes us. Considering the circumstances, it's probably better we keep our identities hidden."