Chapter 16

Warnings: Little bit sad

     ~Vikk's P.O.V.~

"There is is guys... The capital."
"Looks like it's been um... Renovated..."

After a day or so more of walking, we finally reached the Diamondback River. Although nothing particularly bad happened, I wouldn't call the trek through the forest 'calming'. After all, last time we had to cut through a forest, we were ambushed by a handful of assassins. But now, we stand at the bank of the Diamondback River, the capital a decent amount of chunks away, proudly silhouetted again the otherwise flat plains. The last time I saw the capital, it was overflowing with content citizens, chatter and bustle clouding the streets 24/7. In the centre of the humongous city, elevated above everything else, once stood three towering spires, the middle one reaching past the clouds... As well as being home to the one and only Notch. However now... Perhaps not literally but figuratively, the city is in ruins.

It's the middle of day but even still a dark cloud hangs over the city, becoming dark, darker, yet darker the closer to the middle of the city it is. The middle of the city is were the middle tower still partially stands, an entire half having been snapped off, and the remaining bit standing thoroughly worn down. The two towers that once flanked the middle one cease to exist, and many of the houses are in shambles. And last but not least, everywhere you look, there are small black dots scurrying around the streets. The capital... If that's what it should even be called anymore, has the largest collection of Endermen we've seen yet.

"I was going to say we should stop by and grab some supplies, but..." Lachlan trails off leaving his sentence there. We get the picture.
"I mean, sure we knew it was taken over... But this is absurd." Jerome mumbles.

Now, the fact that the capital itself has been taken over is super depressing. But it's not the reason we all stand with sad frowns on our faces. The reason is because...

"Our home is gone..." I manage to squeeze out, speaking the words everyone knew... But didn't want to accept.

As I stare at the one place we could at one time call home, sadness swells inside, me and I have to tear my eyes away to prevent crying.

The capital was where all six of us were born.

The capital was where we all met each other, and became friends.

The capital was where we learned the wonders of this world, and how to survive.

The capital was where we spent our entire childhood, before maturing enough to be able to explore.

The capital was where we would always return, a smile etched on our faces after another great day of exploring.

The capital was where Notch noticed us, and for whatever reason gave us each powers. Well... Now we know why.

The capital... Was home.

And now it's gone... I realize, reality coming in again to whack me in the face. And it's all because of Herobrine.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the sadness starts to fade... And is replaced with a new feeling. Anger. Anger... And the will to avenge everything we once knew.

"C'mon guys..." I say, devoid of any emotion. "We need to get to the Great Desert. There's nothing left for us here."

And as much as it pains me to do, I turn my back to home and start along the edge of the Diamondback River, the others following silently behind me.

~~~

     ~Herobrine's P.O.V.~ Ha bet you didn't see that coming, did you?

     "You WHAT?!"

The wither skeleton, jumping, shakes in fear. Fury boils inside me, and can feel the tingle of magic at my fingertips, my eyes flashing.

"GiVE mE ONe GOod reaSOn... Why I ShoLDN't BlaST YoU INto BonEMEAl!" I bellow, gripping the handle of my diamond pickaxe so hard my knuckles turn white.
"Forgive me, Master..." The Skeleton quakes, speaking by rattling its bones, only decipherable to myself and other of its kind. "We didn't not intend to-"
"TO WHAT?! LET THEM SNEAK INTO MY FORTRESS, AND SWIPE MITCHELL WITH EASE?! ArE You REALly thAT PATheTic?!" I seethe, teetering on the edge of blasting this entire nether fortress to bits.

Of course I tried to destroy Mitch, but that cursed Notch made it so the stone encasing them was unbreakable and unmovable. I chuckle darkly on the inside, Notch is dead now, there's nothing he can do to stop me anymore, and plaice the word with his presence.

"Master... I beg for one last chance. I have a... Different idea in mind on how to stop them." The foolish skeleton tries.
"Spit it out then..." I growl, having only calmed down over myself relishing in Notch's demise.
"Granted... First we must relocate the four. But after that... I propose we send a few of your Endermen out and..."

The skeleton steps closer, rattling its bones quietly by my ear- it's form of a whisper.

An evil grin creeps onto my face as the skeleton finishes, standing back up and managing to smirk, despite lacking the ability to express facial expressions.

"Yes... I approve of this plan. But keep in mind..." I continue, a stern look crossing my face. "Those boys, as foolish and dumb as they are, are not to be underestimated."
"Yes master... We've seen what merely three of them can do against almost out entire fleet." The skeleton assures.
"The Endermen have reported to me that, when entering townships, they conceal themselves with cloaks. I have also been notified the one by the name of Lachlan has the ability to turn invisible. Very well then. If the Endermen do catch sight of any of them, tell them to report their abilities and powers to me. If I am going to face them at some point and time, I must re learn their powers. And for good measure, have them visit the ruins of villages I've destroyed. Once the Endermen learn of their location, even if it's just one of them...

     ...you may release the Wither."

~~~

Question of the chapter:

Who was the first youtuber you ever watched? (Yes, I know I already asked this but I asked who was the first PACK member you watched... This can by anyone ;))

My answer: SkyDoesMinecraft was the first youtuber I ever watched, and it was a year or two before TeamCrafted started up. Ah the good ol days. I miss those kind of videos :( (And now TrueMU disappeared like Seto did D: all of the original channels are dying off 😫)

I just need to kinda...

#BringbackTrueMU
#BringbackSeto
#BringbackGoldSolace
#BringbackSlamacow
#BringbackBepBopVox
#BringbackJoebuzz

And while I'm at it

#BRINGBACKMEROME

Okay I'm done ranting now XD