Chapter 36

Hey look another song that fits! Feel free to listen to is while, or after, reading... Or not at all, your choice lol

Warnings: Blood, violence, mentions of death

     ~3rd P.O.V.~

The pack jump back as a huge bolt of lightning strikes directly where they were standing, charring the ground. Herobrine glowers, twirling his pickaxe, and thrusting it forward. Instantly another shockwave of energy busts out, sweeping the pack off their feet. Herobrine leaps to the ground from the air, the ground caving underneath his feet, and charges towards Rob with his pickaxe raised high above his head.

Rob's eyes widen, and he manages to use his vines to grab the diamond pick, before it can impale his skull. Herobrine twists the handle, and pulls upward, releasing his diamond pickaxe from Rob's vines. He's about to bring down the sharp edge on Rob yet again, but then his head snaps to the side. His body vanishes in a puff of pupils smoke just as a light arrow whizzes by where he was standing. Immediately after he reappears, Vikk makes multiple spikes jut out of the ground, and Lachlan shoots geysers in a ring around the spikes. Herobrine scowls, jumping away from the spikes, and then teleporting on top of them to avoid the geysers. Preston creates a huge flamethrower, sending it spiralling towards Herobrine. But Herobrine, still perched atop to earth spikes, crosses his arms in a defensive stance, and the fire spreads across some invisible force field, preventing it from reaching him. Rob tries to summon a tree to climb up and knock Herobrine off the spikes, but with a flick of the wrist a bolt of lightning strikes the tree, and sets it a blaze.

"We need to work together!" Vikk hollers over the whistling wind, as Herobrine hops nimbly down from the earth spikes, "Otherwise it's no different than fighting alone!"

Everyone else, seeing the truth in Vikk's words, spread out around Herobrine. They can't communicate their plans very well, in fear Herobrine will hear them, so they simply rely on instinct and trust alone.

"Oh how cute~" Herobrine hums, floating calmly, even though he's surrounded on all sides. "You think teaming up is going to make a difference~..."

Mitch, Jerome, and Lachlan all exchange a glance, before nodding to one another. Jerome fires off rapid shadow balls, small and quick, in Herobrines direction. Mitch, using his raw skill and accuracy, nails the shadow balls with light arrows, causing powerful explosions to scatter in the air around Herobrine. Lachlan then summons a gentle geyser directly beneath himself, boosting him up to be level with Herobrine. One quickly following the other, Lachlan lashes out with his dual diamond swords, turning invisible mid swing. Herobrine, distracted by the rapid explosions, and unable to see Lachlan, is forced to jump backwards. Even still he grunts in pain as one of Lachlan's invisible selfs connect with his side, drawing blood.

Using this moment to his advantage, Rob whips out his vines, wrapping them around Herobrines ankles and slamming him to the ground. Vikk and Preston then lunge forward, Vikk plunging his sword deep into Herobrine's thigh (although his original aim was for the chest, but Herobrine managed to roll away), and Preston shooting fire pillars in his direction. Although the fire unfortunately misses, due to the fact Herobrine squirms his way out of Rob's vines, he's left with a nasty wound on his thigh and a slight cut on his side. Blood drips down from his gashed fleshes he ducks under a light arrow, limping heavily. But he still doesn't look afraid.

Jerome, with a growl of rage, springs at Herobrine with claws outstretched. He latches onto Herobrine from behind, raking his claws down Herobrine's back, and sinking his teeth into his shoulder. Herobrine bellows in rage and pain, twisting around and grabbing Jerome by the neck. With inhuman strength, he pries Jerome off him and throws him to the ground my the throat. Jerome grunts in pain, coughing up small amounts of blood. But Herobrine is so focused on Jerome, there's no way he could react quick enough to the geysers and earth spikes jutting towards him. A geyser blasts him directly into a spike, which knocks him on the ground, bruised and bloody. All at once, the six charge at Herobrine with weapons raised and powers flaring. And just when they think they're about to end it once and for all... The tables turn.