Chapter 34

Warnings: Mention of blood, but very tiny.

     ~Rob's P.O.V.~

"AUGGHH!"

The wither dipped arrow rips into my side, sending a new wave of searing pain through my body. Stumbling, I fall to the ground, and scoot back into a dark corner of the cramped dark cell, trying to seem as small as possible. The wither skeleton clatters it's bones in amusement, strolling away.

Shaking uncontrollably, tears spilling down my cheeks, I use what little power I've regained to heal myself, and flush the deadly poison from my system. Which means, I throw up. That includes what little I've been given to eat. I groan, wiping the disgusting bodily fluids from my mouth, and slump against the stone brick wall. It feels like I've been here for weeks, even though in reality it's only been a couple days. I'm tired and worn out from having to constantly heal myself, there's not a spec of green in sight so I can't use my powers, I'm covered in soot, and so far they've only given me a single piece of bread each day; just enough to keep me alive, but defenceless. My stomach growls, demanding food, but I've already gotten my share for the day... And I just threw it up.

Sighing in defeat and hopelessness, I silently wish for a black hole to open up and swallow me. Of course that doesn't happen, and I face the reality that I'm going to be stuck here. For a very, long, time. Unless Preston or someone else comes to save me. I remind myself, dragging myself to the bars of the cell and resting my head against the cool surface. I gaze longingly down the dark red hall before me. Cmon... Where are you guys? I find myself thinking, wishing desperately to see someone anyone I can talk to. Well... Except Herobrine. That monster is who got me here in the first place.

Grumbling I retreat back into my lonely corner, pulling my knees to my chest and burying my face into my arms. I don't know how long it's been, because I have no sense of time whatsoever in this place. All I know is that I'm tired, and regardless of the circumstances, I need sleep. So trying to relax as much as I can, considering the sweltering heat and dreariness, I attempt to slip away from reality... If only for an hour or two. But then I hear footsteps. Oh how wonderful... I sigh inwardly, not bothering to look up. Herobrine's back again to mock me. Yay.

What I'm not expecting is to hear the hushed voice of Jerome.

"Psst. Rob. Rob its me."
My head snaps up, eyes widening. "Jerome?!"
"SHHH."
"What are you doing here?!" I whisper, scrambling weakly to the bars.
"Oh you know, just sight seeing." He responds sarcastically. "What do you think? We're here to save you!"
"We?" I question, looking around to see who else might be with Jerome. Maybe it's Lachlan, since he can turn invisible.
"Preston's here too. I'll be right back, and get ready, cuz we're busting you out of here." Jerome explains hastily, before backing away and jumping through the wall.

     I wait anxiously for Jerome to bring back Preston. Because I swear, if I have to suffer one more day in this wretched place, I'm going to pull my hair out.

     Biting my lip worriedly, enough to draw blood, I wait on edge fearing Herobrine will come at any second. That or they'll get caught by mobs and then all three of us will be stuck here. But sure enough, Jerome is eventually bounding around the corner, Preston in tow.

     "Preston!" I exclaim happily, yet still weakly due to the past few days events.
     "Rob! Are you okay?!" He questions, sliding up to the cage bars.
     "Well considering the situation, yes, but dude... This place is horrible!"
     "Keep it down guys." Jerome reminds us, holding a finger to his lips and looking side to side nervously. "The last thing we need is a siege of mobs on our tail."
     "Okay Rob, I'd advise you step back for a second..."

     I nod and back as far away from the front of the cage as I can, watching as Preston's body bubbles and morphs, until he becomes a lava creeper. Then he presses against the bars, his body shaking violently and beginning to flash white. All at once a huge explosion rings out, and the bars are being blown to bits, creating a gaping hole. I don't hesitate to shuffle out the new exit, still groggy and slow because of hunger and pain.

"So what's our exit plan?"
"Our what?" Preston asks.
"Oh my gosh we're all going to die..." I groan, shambling out of the cage.
"We've got wither skeletons incoming!" Jerome bellows suddenly, eyes widening.
     "Come on, Rob!" Preston ushers, turning back to normal.
     My eyes widen. "I-I can't run! I'm too weak!" I sputter.

Jerome's already a few blocks ahead, bolting full speed down the hallway. Preston quickly glances between me, Jerome, and the hundreds of skeletons rushing towards us. He shouts in frustration morphing into a lava horse.

"Get on!"
"But-"
"GET. ON. YOU. CACTUS. JONES."

I shut up, clambering up onto Preston's back.

"HANG ON!"

He rears up, charging forwards at breakneck speed, and almost flinging me off. He tenders after Jerome, easily catching up with him. Meanwhile I'm stuck clinging onto Preston's neck for dear life; his long fast gallops are repeatedly bouncing me in the air as I ride him. Jerome skids to a stop, and makes a sharp turn right. Preston follows just as quickly, once again, almost bucking me off.

"Almost there!" Preston snorts, the exit of this awful place finally coming into view.

But then, just as we're about to finally be free, Herobrine steps in our way. Just kidding. Not Herobrine. Otherwise we'd all be dead in less than a minute. Instead a line of blazes blocks out exit, and Preston and Jerome digs their heels into the ground to avoid crashing into them. The blazes float there, not shooting, but blocking us from freedom. We all turn to see the wave of wither skeletons getting closer by the second. Why isn't Jerome attacking the blazes...? I wonder before my eyes travel to the large bloody wound on his forearm. Fudge.

"Jerome, get on." Preston murmurs, eyeing down a space above the blazes.

Jerome raises an eye brow, but gets on nonetheless.

"Preston... Whatever you're thinking. Don't. Do it." I caution, seeing him back up a few paces, eyeing the blazes.
"I'm going to jump them."
"PRESTON NO."
"I'm going to jump them!"
"PRESTON!" Jerome joins in, grabbing onto me for dear life with his good arm.
"IM GOING TO JUMP THEEEEM!"
"PRESTOOOOOOOON!"

Preston charges forward as fast as he can, just beating the swing of multiple stone swords by a second. He takes a mightily leap into the air, and Jerome and I shut our eyes tight, expecting intense pain any second.

Instead we're slightly rocked as Preston lands firmly on the ground, and continues to dash forward. I crack open an eye, fully opening the, and whirling my head around to look behind us. The wither skeletons stay gathered at the entrance to the fortress, clashing their bones in anger. Then I look at Preston, bravely thundering back towards what I can only assume is a portal.

"Y-you did it..."
"Of course I did." Preston grins. "I wasn't just going to let you guys die."
"WOOOOO!" Jerome shouts victoriously, pumping a fist in the air.
"Now let's get back, shall we? The rest are waiting for us!"

~~~

Question of the chapter:

I can't think of a good question rn so we'll just go with this; What's your favourite food XD?

My answer: Steak