-41

Josh's POV

A light.

"S-simon, I love you to death, b-but..." I trail off, pointing my finger over the crouching boy's shoulder.

He inhales sharply, before standing quickly, outstretching his hand to grab mine.

"C'mon, c-c'mon we need to go." He rushes, pulling me up.

I wipe off the pine needles and dirt from my pants, before starting on our feet once again. Our strides matched, our hands detaching as we pumped our arms to each long stride we made.

"We need to go and find somewhere to rest, Simon." I order breathily, and he grunts, our chaste, heavy breaths arising into the icy air in unison.

"I-I'm freezing." He stammers, and I nod, though he couldn't see me.

"We'll warm up- once we find a place to stay we will warm up together." I huff, and he hums.

I flash a look over my shoulder, a figure lurking around the trees as the beams of light hit the roof of the forest. I blink harshly, the figure suddenly vanished.

I turned my head back around, focusing on my breathing as we rushed away from the situation.

//

"J-Josh!" He breathes, Simon's steps slowing to a walk, causing mine to do the same.

"What?" I choke, turning around to see his hands pointing into the distance.

"Look."

I turn back around, holding my hand out for him to grab, my eyes locking onto a building. I gasp, my lips turning into a smile.

"C'mon!" I cheer, sprinting towards the barn, Simon giggling behind me.

We approach the rickety building, smiles dancing on both of our lips. The sun was beginning to rise, but we didn't care- it was over 24 hours since the last time we properly stopped to rest.

"Hold on." I mumble, swinging my pack over my shoulders and onto the ground, unzipping the bag and reaching in, feeling the smooth metal brush against my fingers.

I pull out the weapon, Simon becoming tense next to me.

"You can never be too sure." I mutter, standing and passing a reassuring smile towards the boy.

He nods hesitantly, before locking our fingers together and starting towards the entrance.

I push the heavy, oaken doors in, revealing a quite empty barn, the gun cocked upwards as I scan the building.

There were bales of hay scattered throughout the one story shack, leaving the air heavy with its scent- some was scattered across the floor, but that wasn't what alarmed us.

"Blankets?" Simon questions quietly, before I press a finger to my lips, telling him to stay quiet.

We creep our way into the barn, my eyes trying to desperately adjust to the darkness.

"There's a light switch here." Simon whispers, and I nod, before he flicks it on.

I send a bullet into the chamber as the walls suddenly become visible, my breath catching as I look around with haste.

"It's abandoned Josh." Simon's hand rubs my arm, my hand dropping the gun down to my side.

I release a heavy breath, before turning around to Simon. A soft smile was dancing on his lips, mine slowly melting into a similar shape.

"C'mon, lets set these blankets down." I suggest, causing him to nod.

We approach the blankets, atop it, a small note lay. I pick it up, Simon reading it over my shoulder.

The shack.

Please make sure you fold these up once you're finished. Once you leave, do not mention this place, for if you do, it will lose its powerful meaning.

For now, you are safe.

Sandra Frose, 1867.

"Hm." I hum, placing the note down, before grabbing the first blanket of 5, and laying it on the ground.

Simon does the same, until we are down to the last two.

"Let's use these for us." I suggest, and he nods, agreeing.

"Should we use our clothes for pillows?" He asks, and I shrug, my eyes meeting his.

"In order for that to happen, we would have to take them off." I murmur, slipping my shoes off before stepping towards the boy, who was stood on the opposite side of the blankets.

"Mm." He smirks, following in suit with me.

"Hi." He chuckles, causing me to laugh.

"Hello." I mumble, my body inching closer to his.

"You know I love you right?" He breathes, and I hum.

"Is that so?" I tease, our bodies only a foot away from each others.

"I love you more than the Moon loves the stars, and the birds love the sunrise." He whispers, my hands snaking around his waist, tugging his hips into mine.

"That's alot of love." I mumble.

"You deserve alot of love." He breathes against my lips.

//

Back at it again with the teeeeeease. I'm hoping to write alot over the next little bit, or not at all because of exams... hopefully the former, and the next chapter will be smut. i love you all, hope you enjoyed! -nicole