-26

"Hey! Everyone turn around or you get whipped!" Josh screams, causing the patients to turn around in fear, mumbling small apologize and 'please no.'

I stay turned facing the two.

"You fucking disgusting piece of shit! Why are you not locked up in this shit hole? You are the one who is truly fucking insane!" I scream, before I see him smirk ever so slightly.

"Mm, but look who's locked up." He retaliates, before moving the cart around the corner and out of sight.

I choke on a breath, feeling my stomach climb in my throat from the rancid smell, and the idea of skinned bodies being beneath us. Josh wastes no time to throw the others into their cells, leaving Simon and I last.

"Bronwyn!" I shout, seeing her look up from her solemn spot on her bed.

I reached into my pocket, throwing her my cookies. They skid across the floor of her cell, but remain in one piece. She smiles, her eyes filling with tears.

"Thank you Josh." She whispers, before we get tugged along back down the hallway.

"Get in your cell." He hisses, unlocking my bleeding wrists and shoving me forward, causing me to land on my stomach, sliding slightly across the floor.

"Your punishment will be announced later." He grumbles, before throwing Simon into his cell, muttering similar words.

I sit up, leaning against the end of my bed, clutching my wrists against my chest, before pulling them away and observing the injuries. The cuts were really deep, and falling onto my wrists made them bleed even more.

"You alright?" Simon murmurs across the hall, his voice sounding completely defeated.

My heart suffered a small crack, tears soon filing up my eyes at his suddenly sad voice.

"I'm alright, are you alright? Why do you sound sad?" I question him quietly, my voice wavering in tone, threatening to crack.

"It's nothing, just nevermind." He mutters, before climbing into his bed, under the bedsheets.

I sigh, leaning my head against the bedframe, my thoughts drifting.

I thought of Tobi. I hadn't properly talked to him in so long. I wanted to know how his siblings and parents were, along as just the regular things, like if he had a girlfriend or what he ate for dinner.

I then thought of Jide. The last I saw him was at the meeting, where he was stood smirking with Tobi. I wondered what he was up to, how his life was.

I thought of my parents. How ashamed they would be of me. How disappointed they would be if they ever found out I was in this shit hole.

I wondered if they would support my decisions of liking Simon, if they would be okay with him and I. It was never a topic of discussion, so it became unknown to me.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps echoing off the walls made me look up from my spot, the hallway suddenly dim. My back was aching, my bloody wrists were all dried up, blood no longer soaking my jumpsuit.

The faceless figure ended up being Ethan, who was carrying a thicker blanket in his hands. A sudden chill washed over me. The winter was not friendly, we only had bedsheets as a cover and no heaters at all.

I smiled slightly, keeping my breathing shallow so I could hear their conversation.

"Hi baby, hi Brons." I hear Ethan murmur sweetly, before a small giggle erupts from his lips.

"Hi Ethan." She responds, her voice slightly shaky.

"You alright love?" He whispers, before I hear a sniffle.