-27

:the next morning:

Tobi's POV

My alarm shakes me awake, my body forcing itself up as a gasp strips my throat. This was the usual routine, waking up nervous because of my alarm. The house was eerie without Josh.

I sigh, turning on the radio, some new jazzy tune flowing through the air. I climb out of bed, shaky feet meeting the cold carpet, as I drag myself towards the bathroom.

I turn on the shower, allowing the water to warm up as I relieve myself. I then climb in, allowing the hot water to relax my tense body, as it usually does.

My mind wanders to Josh. How was he able to be happy in a shit hole like that? How does he remain calm and grounded through all the punishments he's gotten? It was extraordinary, really, that someone like him hasn't lost his mind yet.

I quickly wash, knowing I was a little bit behind my schedule. I finish the shower with ease, turning off the running water and stepping out of the tub, drying myself off quickly.

I exit the steam-filled bathroom, picking out the uniform from my wardrobe and dressing. The clothes were cold, as was the whole house; the heat had gone out.

I bite my lip quizzically.

"The heat was on last night, wasn't it?" I murmur to myself, before confirming that it was on.

Normally, if it wasn't on, I would've had an extra blanket; that extra blanket wasn't there.

I purse my lips, before exiting my bedroom. The room was chilly, snow falling outside the house,

and in my house.

I gasp, seeing my window wide open, a pile of soft ice under it. Someone broke in.

I run to the kitchen, my breathing so fast my head felt light, my heart racing.

A crashing sound from down the hallway caused tears to spring to my eyes. My heart was sinking further and further into my stomach, adrenaline and fear flowing in my veins.

I grab the chef's knife from last nights dinner off the countertop, before cautiously walking down the corridor.

The hair on my arms stood up as the eerie atmosphere surrounded me. Someone was in my house, and whoever it was was going to feel this.

I turn the corner widely, seeing no one. I continue quietly, my chin wobbling with fear. No other sounds were emitted from the hallway.

"Boo." Is muttered huskily in my hear, causing me to turn around, swinging my knife towards the person as I let out a shriek of fear.

The masked person grabs my hand, twisting my wrist as the knife falls to the ground. Tears slide down my cheeks, my mouth hung open as a scream chokes my throat.

"Oh Tobi... You should learn to lock your windows." The person, who was male, cackles beneath his mask.

"Wh-who are you?!" I scream finally, voice shaky with uncertainty and fear.

He slowly reaches his hand up to his mask, pulling the mask off his face.

"Callum?!" I shriek, and he smiles like a madman.

"Hi Tobi, are you ready for your lesson?"

//

Josh's POV

"J-Josh?" I hear a voice stammer, causing my eyes to flutter open.

I sit up, my eyes squinting at the suddenly bright room. My stomach elicits a loud grumble, suddenly light headed.