-12

Josh's POV

Slowly, painfully slowly, everything seems to flood back to me.

Eyes shut, slowly rolling behind the lids, images flash in my mind.

Callum, his house, the knife, the blood. The injuries, the bodies, the sobbing, escaping. Tobi's face, his panic, him crying.

Simon. His hands, his eyes, his tears, his neck. His jawbone, his lips, his touch. Simon.

Open your eyes.

I repeat to myself, trying to wake myself from this nightmare.

Nothing gives.

Slowly, I move my hand, or try to at least.

But nothing gives.

C'mon Josh, wake up.

I try again and again and again, not having enough strength to do it.

I feel myself cry out in a half second whimper.

Then I realize why I can't move my hand. Someone was holding it, but the grip slowly loosened. I hear the person scream, though the words were muffled and hard to make out.

I feel wetness drip onto my hand, and I recognize the person is crying. That makes me want to move even more.

So I try and try and try.

Minutes pass, turning into hours, still no movement.

One more time Josh, if it doesn't work, go back to sleep.

I try one last time, finally able to move my hand. It was only a bit, but I soon feel my fingers again. I wiggle them, beginning to move my other hand.

Then I flutter my eyes open, the room seemingly dark. I notice the white tiled ceiling, my spotty vision becoming clear again.

I try to swallow, but the lack of saliva makes it impeccably difficult to lubricate my dry throat.

My head feels too heavy to lift, so I strain my eyes to see who was next to me, revealing the chocolate skinned boy who saved my life.

"Tobi?" I croak out, the boy opening his eyes with a gasp.

"J-Josh?" He stammers, and I nod, curling my lips up into a small smile, a tear involuntarily sliding down my cheek.

"Oh baby, what do you need?" He asks, leaning over the bed to pull me into an awkward hug.

"Water." I breathe, and he nods, reaching to the ready cup on the side of the bed, placing the straw in my mouth.

I suckle up the water, swishing it around my mouth, wetting every nook and cranny, before swallowing. I finish the cup easily, before Tobi chuckles lightly, pulling the straw from my mouth.

"Joshua.. How are you feeling?" Tobi asks quietly, leaning in to hug me again.

I lay straight, not yet having enough strength to lift my arms or even really react.

"I-I feel pain in my shin and back.. I can barely remember what happened." My sentence was choppy, though he understood what I meant.

He nodded, lip wobbling as a tear slid down his cheek.

"W-well, you were out with Callum and something must've happened because you came hone with blood dripping from your mouth and back a-and a knife hanging out of your back.

You lost so much blood so I gave you a bag of blood from our pockets.. I guess that was enough to keep you alive. You fell into a coma.. You've been out for four days." He explains, pursing his lips together and allowing tears to escape down his cheeks.