-25

Josh's POV

"Simon, what if they hurt the baby?" I ask, sliding into the bench next to him.

"They won't hurt the baby." He shakes his head.

"How do you know? They had no problem whipping her!" I shriek, and he clasps his hand over my mouth.

"Shut the fuck up, Josh. You need to keep your voice down, they will do it again otherwise. Don't let what they did affect you." He scolds softly, causing tears to fill my eyes.

He slowly drops his hand, and I grab it, placing it in my lap and linking our fingers together.

"I... I just want the baby to be okay." I purse my lips, looking towards the blond with glassy eyes.

"Don't worry about the baby. We will protect Bronwyn, and Bronwyn will protect the baby." He assures me, before pressing a chaste kiss atop my head.

I nod, biting my lip as I hear the cafeteria doors open.

People buzz in and around the room, my eyes searching for the group I care about dearly. They slowly file in, Star behind Harry, but Bronwyn no where to be seen.

I squirm in my seat, feeling uneasy that Callum and Josh weren't here, along with Bronwyn.

"It's okay.. She'll be here." Simon mutters, watching the couple in line.

I keep my eyes pegged to the door, hoping to catch a glimpse of them. The line of people began to die down, still no sight of them.

"Josh.." I hear Star say, causing me to blink and look towards him.

He had a sad smile on his face, and he decided to grab my displaced hand in his.

"Shes's going to be okay." He nods, and I purse my lips, nodding slightly.

I hope she is okay.

//

"Today, we are making cookies. Yes, you guys get to cook. Go get your aprons and all the rest, get prepared." The female guard cheers, and we all groan.

Arts and Crafts were fun, but only when its peaceful and quiet. Today is going to be chaotic. Its been months since I've properly baked, and now being here with people who probably haven't cracked an egg in years? It was bound to be chaotic.

Simon and I shuffle behind the crowd, finally grabbing a bleached-white apron, slipping it over my shoulders. I begin to tie it tightly around my waist. The small bow sat nicely on my torso, the laces long enough to go all the way around.

I turn around, seeing Simon looking down at his laces, completely confused. I purse my lips to hold back a laugh.

"You alright babe?" I ask, causing him to look up from the strings, his mouth gaping slightly.

"What.." He ponders, and I giggle, walking around him and grabbing the laces from his hand, before pulling them around his torso.

I tie them into a bow, then proceed to laugh a bit.

"You've never worn an apron?" I murmur, and he shakes his head.

"I didn't even know these existed." He responds.

"You two, off to your kitchen, let's go." The woman chops, causing us to stammer away.

We walked around the large, open room, making our way to the semi-secluded kitchen in the corner of the room. As we broke out of the line of vision, Simon grabbed my hand, linking our fingers together, catching me off guard.

"I don't care." He whispers, a smirk on his face.

I smile, before my cheeks flush red and we finally reach the new kitchen.