{Nineteen: Martyr}

Songs for the Chapter

Dead Horse- Guns N' Roses

Liberian Girl- Michael Jackson

Heaven's On Fire- KISS

{J A X}

Danny came back quickly, stony faced.

"Well?" I growled.

Danny shrugged and rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean... I'm sure she knows what she's doing, but I saw her go up the stairs with someone. He had her hand I think, probably to a bedroom?"

"What the hell! Why didn't you go after her?"

Danny raised his eyebrows. "The fuck you mean? Number one, you said you don't care what happened to her, so why would I? Number two, that would blow our god damn cover!"

"You fucking idiot," I hissed right back, balling his collar in my fists. "Don't you realize what the fuck a guy would do to a girl like her? He'll probably fucking destroy her!"

"What, just like you do?" Vick whispered quietly from her seat on the curb.

I could've slapped the shit out of her, but I refrained.

"I'll be right back," I muttered and charged toward the house in the darkness.

"If you blow this shit, I swear to fucking god," Danny muttered under his breath.

I had no intention of fucking things, I knew exactly what I was doing. I paced around the house until I found a tree high enough to reach one of the second-floor windows. I quickly scaled that tree and wriggled into the house, rolling onto the floor in the middle of the hall.

I stood absolutely still for a moment, just listening-- past the pounding music, the yells and screams, the sound of beer pong gone wrong.

Beneath all those noises I heard a tiny groan, so long and drawn out it was barely audible.

I followed the sound to a cracked bedroom door. I didn't hear anyone moving around inside, but part of me hoped it wouldn't be her. Just a doped-up teenage couple attempting to have sloppy sex.

But no. One my eyes adjusted to the dark room, I saw her- completely passed out on top of a huge ass bed.

Her head lolled back at an impossible angle, her eyes were shut.

"He fucking drugged her," I sighed, looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was coming. I'd have to work quickly to get her out before anyone noticed. "Damn it, Red."

I crept into the room and gathered her body up into my arms. I groaned a little- she was a lot heavier when she wasn't grinding her hips against me with her arms around me. I wrapped her limp arms around my neck and lifted her, went to the door.